NS Peavine talk

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Re: NS Peavine talk

Unread post by midland sub »

I like to occasionally appear to make a statement of truth and clarity about this weird obsession of many here, that initially those such as yourself find difficult to process, then 3 or 4 years later you're saying it verbatim. I do have to say this thread has settled in nicely without the unfounded comments of many as in the past. Though the moronic posts at the Facebook groups is never ending. Contacting the McCoy Lumber directly about supplying ties to a short line and then sharing that you did.... Lawd Have Mercy when shall it ever end with the goofy behavior this old rail line begets.......

You're welcome.
heypal6878 wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:18 pm
Mark someone told me you passed away. I said no such luck! He will come out from under his rock here soon. Sure enough any news about the Peavine you come out of your hole.

scraphauler
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by scraphauler »

Favorite line - “As a member of the Cincinnati Eastern Railroad Fans Facebook Group…”. Oy Vey - these people are exhausting.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

Mark pal for the first time I do agree with you. I did read that Facebook post from that guy who doesn't even live in Ohio and wants the CCET to give that shortline a price on railroad ties. He has no business getting into any railroad business about ties or anything else. The CCET management doesn't need that. Not sure why he is involved or what he is trying to do. He has made some outlandish comments in the last year I just shake my head. I didn't even respond to his comments he was really out of line.

The CCET is doing pretty well considering NS really just gave up on the line. Between storage of cars and now getting new business on the line the rail is seeing daily traffic. It is better than no traffic at all. Sure it isn't as great as the I&O from Norwood to Washington Courthouse but it is better than just being closed for good. Hats off to the company to stick with the line and get business back on that rail. The rail will never be opened past the 78 mile marker but hey do they really will never need it.

redcrumbox
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by redcrumbox »

Old EMD’s are the gift that keeps on giving.

heypal6878
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heypal6878 »

That one hurt the CCET but sooner or later there was going to be an accident on that rail like this one. The rails up there are old rotten and heavy rock cars going over the rails a few days a week eventually the rails just gave way. But the same thing happened not long ago on the I&O as well track work needs to be maintained. The old Peavine rails and ties are in bad shape on parts of that line. They need to be inspected and replaced before the Purina Plant opens as more traffic may be on that line.