IORY South End Part 4

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Re: IORY South End Part 4

Unread post by Rob81 »

Is the potential new customer going to be on the Mason Sub or the Lebanon branch?
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

Mason Sub using the siding at Traders World for a transload.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

midland sub wrote:Mason Sub using the siding at Traders World for a transload.
Can you see this siding from I-75? I looked last weekend when I drove past Traders World on the interstate but had trouble spotting the tracks down there.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

looshi
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by looshi »

conrailman75 wrote:
midland sub wrote:Mason Sub using the siding at Traders World for a transload.
Can you see this siding from I-75? I looked last weekend when I drove past Traders World on the interstate but had trouble spotting the tracks down there.
I don't believe so. It's farther south on the line right next to State Route 63.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

It's kind of hard to see from 75, but it's possible. It's really short maybe 10 to 12 car lengths if that. It's located right next to Trader's World where their old entrance used to be. About the only way to notice it I would think is if there's a couple cars stored on it. Which I've seen maybe once or twice before.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Ended up in Wash CH today for the afternoon. Caught the WCH-A switching south end of Konrad with 5013 before heading out to the Wash CH ind park to work. Blan Job had just left Konrad with 3887 and a good mix of cars plus 34 empty stone cars for Melvin.

WCH-B came back from Springfield with 9500-9400-4085 and around 40 cars. 12 or so empty pig iron gon and 12 or so empty P&G tanks, rest a mix of stuff.

According to the Western Ohio yahoo group the LSL derailed @ Uniopolis on the way back to Lima.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

WCH-B had 9500-9400 with 40ish cars for the LSL and an empty 65 car grain train for somewhere @ Konrad this afternoon. WCH-A had 5014 and one of the 408? switching the Wash CH ind park. Lowes and Crop Production both getting a lot of cars. Too bad they can't figure out Domtar....

Empty ethanol train for Valero at Parson with CN-BCOL power according to T.O.

Didn't see any signs of where the new Melvin Stone transload was being built in Logan on Saturday.

Rob81
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rob81 »

"WCH-B had 9500-9400 with 40ish cars for the LSL and an empty 65 car grain train for somewhere @ Konrad this afternoon." There was about 65 grain cars sitting in the yard at South Charleston around 530pm today. Not sure if it's related.
Rob
Lebanon, Ohio

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

midland sub wrote:Too bad they can't figure out Domtar....
Sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets. Although with as many cars as Domtar could receive you would think someone from G&W will get after the problem very soon. Is the problem still getting the cars from the CSX interchange to the plant in a timely schedule?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today on my way home from work at 4:30pm, I seen the rear of the Urbana Sub local's train on the ex EL over the Upper Valley Pike bridge as I crossed over the tracks on US 68. I think he was waiting to make his back up move at Maitland to get back onto the ex DT&I line again to go back into Springfield.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

conrailman75 wrote:Today on my way home from work at 4:30pm, I seen the rear of the Urbana Sub local's train on the ex EL over the Upper Valley Pike bridge as I crossed over the tracks on US 68. I think he was waiting to make his back up move at Maitland to get back onto the ex DT&I line again to go back into Springfield.
Can anyone confirm if they are storing cars on the stretch of the ex EL from Maitland to Cold Springs? I seen the same cars on the line that I seen yesterday on my way home from work, so obviously it wasn't the local.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

alittlevanwerty
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by alittlevanwerty »

We drove south looking for the LSL yesterday hoping to catch them bringing a train north. We found them south of Tremont with NO cars! I know loads are down but its bad when they have nothing to bring back to Lima.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Chris what type of cars were they sitting on the Upper Valley Pike overpass. I would assume they are storage cars.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

AARR its just as much an internal Domtar issue. They have issues with keeping production high enough to use rail efficiently. Nothing G&W can do about the rates CSX sets or time it takes to get to Cincy.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

midland sub wrote:Chris what type of cars were they sitting on the Upper Valley Pike overpass. I would assume they are storage cars.
Its a cut of covered hoppers.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Might be some of the salt cars they have in storage. What reporting marks?

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

midland sub wrote:Might be some of the salt cars they have in storage. What reporting marks?
Can't tell because I looked again today on my way from work as I passed by on US 68 and now they appear to have been shoved west of the Upper Valley Pike Bridge and would not be visible as you passed under the line on that road. I can only see them because of my vantage point on US 68 or otherwise I wouldn't even know they were there.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

I would say they are probably some of those former Cargill salt service hoppers.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

5007 in its fresh G&W paint ended up on the Blan Job. Saw a pic of 5011 in its new G&W paint.