photo op's at fostoria

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
thomas
Railroadfan...fan

photo op's at fostoria

Unread post by thomas »

what kind of moving around room do you have at fostoria. as to shooting angles, and roaming around the diamonds...

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Re: photo op's at fostoria

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

As far as roaming around the diamonds is concerned, you can't get much closer than the C&O/Wabash diamond, just off of Columbus Street. The crossing is almost on top of the diamonds there. You can get to within a few yards of the B&O/Wabash diamonds, either at the Main Street crossing, or on the road running just west of there. You cannot approach the C&O/B&O diamonds at all.

Photo angles: That depends on which line and which time of day, as well as whats a perfect shot for you. If there is one good thing about Fostoria, the best shooting is often on the busiest of the lines, the B&O.

thomas
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by thomas »

thanks trainjunkie

me and friend was thinking of going there, i wasnt sure how much you can move around to get photo's , i know a east- west line is always a challange..

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

C&O-NKP diamond, no Wabash in Fostoira. Do a seach on Railpictures for Fostoria, or even RRpicturearchives, lots and lots of photos to see how much room there is.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

You really just need to go there yourself and play with the light and play with the angles. If you get there early enough you can still catch the sun on the north side of the B&O at the depot.