Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:42 pm
What is the current situation with Buckeye? I have seen photos of tie piles and rails gone, so it the fate of the yard finally decided? Has Buckeye lived out it last days?
- Posts: 1683
- Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:38 pm
- Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
I do believe one local operates out of there, and there is a container yard that is still active.
- Posts: 99
- Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:18 pm
They yard on the NS side is currently being pulled up by a contractor, the CSX side is still very active. Camp Chase now interchanges south of Downtown now.
- Posts: 296
- Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:25 pm
Think I did read somewhere that NS is closing that yard moving operations elsewhere.
- Posts: 57
- Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:04 pm
I drove by that yard last night on my way to the company office in Columbus it was nothing but a gravel yard filled with piles and piles of cross ties