First B&LE unit repainted

Anything pertaining to railfanning in Ohio.
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

First B&LE unit repainted

Unread post by MQT1223 »

First B&LE unit has been rebuilt and repainted by CN. SD40-3 #902 is the first unit to get this treatment. The B&LE paint scheme is under siege!!! :oops:
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: First B&LE unit repainted

Unread post by railohio »

The units were pulled from the former B&LE property more than a month ago and replaced with Illinois Central SD70s anyway and are not expected to make a return.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

railohio wrote:The units were pulled from the former B&LE property more than a month ago and replaced with Illinois Central SD70s anyway and are not expected to make a return.
Yes, but they are not scrapping them like some feared and giving them much needed work plus repainting into CN colors with B&LE sub lettering. I hear the B&LE loved to run their power into the ground.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

h2466
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by h2466 »

MQT1223 wrote:First B&LE unit has been rebuilt and repainted by CN. SD40-3 #902 is the first unit to get this treatment. The B&LE paint scheme is under siege!!! :oops:
I'm kicking myself in the A$$ for not making the two hour drive over there before this road was ruined. Ugh!! Ken 8)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

h2466 wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:First B&LE unit has been rebuilt and repainted by CN. SD40-3 #902 is the first unit to get this treatment. The B&LE paint scheme is under siege!!! :oops:
I'm kicking myself in the A$$ for not making the two hour drive over there before this road was ruined. Ugh!! Ken 8)
If you haven't seen an IC Death Star SD70 it isn't all that bad. :lol:

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

h2466 wrote:before this road was ruined. Ugh!! Ken 8)
Hyperbole much?
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

In railroading, if you don't like or can't adapt to change, you're going to be very disappointed.

This constant changing is to me quite exciting, one of my favorite parts of it all. Some people just don't seem to be able to LET GO!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

You had like, 10 years to go down to the B&LE and catch it in an unaltered state since the CN acquisition in 2004. How could you have not found time?

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

The cool Bessemer has been dead since the tunnel motors showed up.
Bottom text.

midland sub
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by midland sub »

I'll go one step farther.... Rust belt steel based railroad in 2015....? Just be happy it's still there and not a bike path or overgrown tree line in the distance.

CG Tower
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CG Tower »

I have to agree with you there...in fact, all midwest steel industry railroads are a bit of an anachronism...

CG
midland sub wrote:I'll go one step farther.... Rust belt steel based railroad in 2015....? Just be happy it's still there and not a bike path or overgrown tree line in the distance.
-You are speaking in nonsense. This troubles me.

See all of my photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cgtower/

Robertrains
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Robertrains »

I am posting this from CN Updates April 2015:
SD40-2 wrote:» Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:57 am
393 is 5776, 5367, BLE 910, BLE 901 and BLE 908.

by Robertrains » Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:17 am
These Bessemer & Lake Erie® "Tunnel Motor" SD40-T3 locos are on their way to Homewood, IL! These engines have been "Retired" from the B&LE®! I wanted to go see them last year─but had no one to take me!!!! They have two "Tunnel Motors" remaining (905, 907), but may be gone soon! I've read that five remain on the DM&IR®! The BLE is now using mostly CN power and IC SD70s! A few SD38s are still being used though! It's said that the locos going to Homewood will be "Re-built" and used throughout the Midwest!
I still should go "Railfan" Conneaut (haven't been there since 5-2004─I saw one B&LE® train with 3
Orange "Tunnel Motors")!

:cry: Here's a post on BLE Messageboard about SD40T-3s "Retired:" :cry: http://members3.boardhost.com/Bessemer/ ... 25733.html
Robert Jackson (Extreme Railfan/Bluewater and Michigan Transit Museum member)

http://cooltrains.rrpicturearchives.net/