DTCM Partners, The first private equity firm among Railroadfan's paper railroads

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

DTCM Partners, The first private equity firm among Railroadfan's paper railroads

Unread post by David Collins »

Today is an exciting day for the GCRR, DTCM, CTRR, and our newest acquisition, the Illinois & Iowa Railroad (I&IRR). With the latest acquisition of the I&IRR, it was time to create railroadfan's first paper railroad private equity firm, DTCM Partners. The new investment firm was founded with the intention to allow the railroads to operate freely, but with the parent company, this allows however greater connectivity between the 4 railroads when it comes to interchanging.

It also allows the parent company to make large purchases of new and technologically advanced locomotives, which will greatly benefit the profitability of the partner railroads.

At the first DTCM Partners executive meeting, the firm announced several major roster moves, which are:

The sale of 4 stored/serviceable C40-8W's from the DTCM to the Bay City Locomotive Services

The sale of 8 stored/serviceable SD70M-2's from both the DTCM and GCRR to an undisclosed customer

The purchase of 30 ET44AC Tier 4 GEVO's fresh from GE/Wabtec, to be spread 50/50 across the DTCM and GCRR.

The purchase of 12 RP14BD's from RJ Corman, to be split across the CTRR and I&IRR

A route network map is being developed, but DTCM Partners' reach is significant, with trackage in 11 states with all 4 railroads combined.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: DTCM Partners, The first private equity firm among Railroadfan's paper railroads

Unread post by David Collins »

DTCM Partners update:

The GCRR, (one of DTCMP's carriers) has been awarded a contract by Knoxville Locomotive Works with the GCRR doing mainline revenue testing of KLW's new 4400-ACT4 rebuild, which is a rebuilt/repowered SD60i with a QSK95 prime mover. In return, if tests are successful, KLW will convert GCRR's 8 SD60i's in ACT4's free of charge. This would also make the GCRR the launch customer for the type.

The sale of 10 GCRR SD90MAC's to ProgressRail after numerous electrical issues and part shortages for the type.

The lease of 10 former CSX SD70ACe's from ProgressRail in replacement of the GCRR SD90MAC fleet. These units will be retrofitted with DPU technology before the units arrive on property. These units are trail/DPU-only as they are known for violent cab vibrations. These engines are leased until a comparable AC traction locomotive replacement can be found at a reasonable price and/or if ACT4 testing is successful, which would result in the SD60i's being rebuilt. Which are comparable to SD90's in power.