AA

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: AA

Unread post by Ypsi »

AARR wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:A tie train off of NS is going to arrive at 0400 tommorow morning and tie replacement is set to start on sunday.
Easter Sunday :?: :shock: You will have to pay double time and a half (plus piss off some girl friends, wives, moms, and kids :evil:
Let's make that Monday.... Didn't even realize that Sunday was Easter :mrgreen:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

6 more signals have been installed and all most are in place and ready to be set up all defect detectors have been in put in there spots and are ready to be installed

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

We will be purchasing MOW cars from NS and CSX. We will get 10 gondolas, 10 flat cars, 3 coaches, 1 sleeper, 1 dormitory coach, 2 tool cars, and 3 cabooses. 4 gp38s will be assigned to MOW service.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

NS delivered 10 gondolas today, mostly ex CR, along with 5 ballast cars, and a caboose. All are to be painted the Ann Arbor Orange and lettered AA-MOW. The GP38s will also get MOW lettering.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

10 flat cars and a coach arrived in Toledo today off of NS.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
A tie train off of NS is going to arrive at 0400 tommorow morning and tie replacement is set to start on sunday.
Tie train went out at 0600... Just kidding :mrgreen: , only two trains will run today. At 2100 a combined northbound TF-2 will leav Toledo, also at 2100 a combined FT-1 will leave Frankfort. The trains are about 3 times as longer then normal. TF-1 will be 168 cars, with SD70ACe 104 leading, SD70ACe 109, dash 8 206, and SD70ACe 100. FT-1 will be 143 cars and have gp38-2's 6900, 6909, 6915, and SD70ACe 102.

Also one of the new MOW cabooses will be trailing on TF-1. Railfans get your cameras ready! :lol:

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

TF-1 and FT-1 are all ready to go waiting on crews for the 2100 departure. The tie train will go out tommorow morning at 0500 work until 1200 then head back down to Toledo and tie down. FT-1 will leave Frankfort at 1130 and TF-1 will leave Toledo at 1400. At 1500 the main should be clear for the tie train to go back out, so they will work until 2100 and then head up to Ann Arbor to tie down for the night. TF-2 will leave Toledo at 2030, and FT-2 will leave Frankfort at 1930. No trains other then TF-1, TF-2, FT-1, and FT-2 wii travel between Pittsfield junction and Toledo.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The tie gang made it from mp 1 to mp 14.6 this morning (is this too far for 7 hours of work?) not every tie needed to be replaced, about 3 out of every 5 needed replacement. They are back on duty as of 1518 and will work until 2100. The hope it to get to mp 30 by 2100. Power for the tie loads is AARR SD70ACe 100 and NS GP38-2 5259, this train is dropping off ties before the work gang gets there.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

tie gang made it up to mp24 today and are just finishing up. the crew and tie train will go north and tie down in Ann Arbor

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

What are your ferry operations like in Frankfort?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

AARR wrote:What are your ferry operations like in Frankfort?
Ahh yes the car ferries. There was a major fall in car ferry use in the 70's and 80's, and in 1983 we did not use the ferries because of lack of traffic. In 84-85 it picked back up and we had ferries going again. We have kept 3 around, the Ann Arbor #4, Ann Arbor #5, and Ann Arbor #7. In 2008 with the economy down we had to suspend car ferry service for 3 months because of lack of traffic, we used this time to inspect and repair the boats. Now we serve 3 ports, Frankfort, Kewaunee, and Manitowoc. Since we only have 3 ferries. Now opperations can be a little tricky at times, but it normally works like this:

The first departure of the day is ours of Frankfort. The first boat for the day is scheduled to leave Frankfort at 0900, this service is to Manitowoc. It will arrive in Manitowoc in the early afternoon and the cars will be unloaded by Wiscsion Central RR (or is it southern...) the the WC will have the ferry loaded by 1800 for the departure back to Frankfort. When all goes as scheduled he ferry is back at Frankfort in the late evening.

The second service is to Kewaunee, and it has a slightly different schedule then the Manitowoc service. Since there are two boats to run this service, they are both loaded thought the day and prepared for a 1700 departures from Frankfort and Kewaunee. In Kewaunee we interchange with the Green Bay Western (might need to update this one too)

Car ferry service is doing fine right now running Monday- Saturday. Right now we are looking for a fourth boat to supplemt the Manitowoc service, hopefully one that is also efficient. Currently the 3 boats work on a cycle of going between Kewaunee, Frankfort, and Manitowoc. The cycle prevents one boat from logging more time and requirejng more maintince.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

The TSCR owns the southern portion of WC now(MQT owns the tracks in the UP), we would like to interchange via ferry because getting through Chicago is a mess right now...
Last edited by DT&I on Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

DT&I wrote:The TSCR owns the WC now, we would like to interchange via ferry because getting through Chicago is a mess right now...
Cool that works, the ferry will arrive by 1300 (at the latest) and leave by 1800.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

MQT is looking at using the old Sappi site in Muskegon for possible ferry service to WI.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:
DT&I wrote:The TSCR owns the WC now, we would like to interchange via ferry because getting through Chicago is a mess right now...
Cool that works, the ferry will arrive by 1300 (at the latest) and leave by 1800.
Ok 7776 is waiting with a train at the docks, should be about 27 cars.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:MQT is looking at using the old Sappi site in Muskegon for possible ferry service to WI.
Ludington?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

AARR wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:MQT is looking at using the old Sappi site in Muskegon for possible ferry service to WI.
Ludington?
Muskegon, on the southern shore of Muskegon Lake. The plant in real-life closed in 2009, and they are in the process of de-contamination and eventual demolmishing (it was a paper-mill).

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

MQT3001 wrote:
AARR wrote:
Ludington?
Muskegon, on the southern shore of Muskegon Lake. The plant in real-life closed in 2009, and they are in the process of de-contamination and eventual demolmishing (it was a paper-mill).
I thought your railroad went to Ludington where there is already a dock. If you wanted to open one in Muskegon GTW's old dock would be an option too :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

AARR wrote: I thought your railroad went to Ludington where there is already a dock. If you wanted to open one in Muskegon GTW's old dock would be an option too :)
We'd be building an new one either way in order to use today's heavy cars. Any ferries would likely be several years away...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

We are looking to add a route from Clare to grayling for direct intermodal service to mackinaw and to interchange with MQT. Mileage and research will be done soon.