Sub forum for Paper Railroads
conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Re: My version of Penn Central

Unread post by conrailman75 »

The new PCLX leasing number series will be as follows:

2000-2067 C44-9W - 68 total
2068-2178 AC4400CW - 110 total

Other locomotive news, the 6 SD70MAC(PC 6620-6625) and 5 SD70M(6626-6630) that are in storage have been put up for sale. Also GP40-2's 3011-3021 and GP38-2's 7940-7981 have been put into storage.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

How much for 2 SD70M and 2 SD70MAC?
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

They are $250,000 a piece so 4 will cost you a million bucks.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

The OCS-501 with FP7 4371 and a couple business cars is departing Indianapolis Union Station after bringing the CEO and some friends down to watch the Indianapolis 500. Train will run the mainline Indy to Richmond, then up the Ft. Wayne Secondary Richmond to Adams and back on the Fort Wayne line for the rest of the journey to Ft. Wayne.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

EMD is expected to route a pair of its new SD70 demonstrators, EMDX 1204 and 1205, over to PC at Cincinnati so that PC can test out these new units and see if they like them or not.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

10 more 45-CWACs on the way, and hopefully 10 more 45-CWACs will be finished by the end of the week for us to send north.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Motive power update:

10 new 45CWAC units, 5219-5228, were delivered to PC by NS at Cincinnati today. That is 29 units of a 50 unit order so far for these engines.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

CIT financial has swooped in and purchased all 11 of the SD70 series that were for sale(5 SD70M and 6 SD70MAC) for use by their CITX locomotive leasing company. Also today marks the start up of the PCLX leasing company, all the information about it is contained in a separate thread now.

Starting June 10th and running through the 23rd, the Bluffton Branch and Ohio City Secondary lines will be out of service as crews will be out laying down new rail and constructing a couple of passing sidings(one at Craigville, the other at Pleasant Mills) so that the ICS mainline trains that use this track will have a place to meet between Bluffton and Ohio City. Rail trains will be coming from SDI in Columbia City starting Monday and then staged at Decatur and Fort Wayne until the start of the project on the 10th. Also starting the 17th of this month, crews will begin relaying rail down on number one track on the Ft. Wayne mainline from Adams Tower to Lima, OH. Once they reach Lima, they will then work back to Ft. Wayne relaying number two track. This is the beginning of a three year project to replace the rail on the entire Ft. Wayne line from Pittsburgh to Chicago.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Two rail trains are currently parked at Piqua yard with new rail for the rail renewal program on the Bluffton Branch. A third rail train is expected to be delivered tomorrow, and the work train is already in place down at the small yard in Decatur, and unless severe storms interrupt, the work is still scheduled to start on Monday.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today the work began to replace the rail on the Bluffton Branch. Crews are working from Decatur west to Bluffton and managed to lay about 3 miles of track. They are also hard at work preparing the roadbed in Craigville for the new passing siding to be built there for meets by the ICS, and a couple of panel switches are sitting on either end of town. State highway officials allowed us to close SR 124 this week so that we can put the second track in the crossing. A couple of new rail trains are waiting at Piqua yard tonight and will head down to Decatur tomorrow morning with more rail for the project.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

A severe thunderstorm watch was issued for all of Penn Central's lines in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan until 5am tomorrow morning. We are bunkering down and getting ready in case this line develops into another of those destructive derecho storms like we had last year.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Work was completed on the rail relaying project on the Bluffton Branch yesterday, including the installation of a new passing siding at Craigville. Now the crews are taking the weekend off before starting on the Ohio City Secondary next week, which is also projected to take a week to complete.

A couple of rail trains are staged in Piqua yard for the beginning of the rail renewal project on Main number 1 from Adams Tower to Lima, OH on the Fort Wayne mainline, which is expected to begin Monday barring any weather delays. Once the crews get to Lima, they are going to reverse and work back toward Adams Tower on number 2 track and hopefully get the project completed by the end of September.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

I know it's probably somewhere in this 32-page thread, but can you list all of your trackage please?

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

How many of the 45-CWACs have I delivered, I forgot LOL
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

legostudios34 wrote:How many of the 45-CWACs have I delivered, I forgot LOL
29, you have 21 to go :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:I know it's probably somewhere in this 32-page thread, but can you list all of your trackage please?
Its actually not, I created a separate thread to serve as my employee timetable showing all the lines I own. I will go look for it and bump it up for you.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Can we use your tracks south to Elkhart for a steam excursion with the #3001?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MQT3001 wrote:Can we use your tracks south to Elkhart for a steam excursion with the #3001?
Yes, you can run the GR&I branch from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo, then on the Grand Elk from Kalamazoo to Elkhart(you did say all TSCR lines revert to normal). You can also run on the Grand Rapids Branch Grand Rapids to Jackson and back, the ex NYC branch from Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo, and the entire South Haven Branch.

Speaking of which, the traffic department just approved the plan today for handling traffic on the GR&I Branch during the steam fest week. FWGRI 464/462, FWGR/GRFW, and GRTO/TOGR will be annulled during the week. Ft. Wayne traffic for Grand Rapids will be carried on PIGR/GRPI and INGR/GRIN. The only intermodal train out of GR is TV4/TV3 will still run, but only between the hours of 12 midnite and 5am. All traffic south of Kalamazoo will run as scheduled.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

NS has informed PC that it cannot provide the 1073 for next week as its currently out west on the BNSF on an oil train, but will loan us the 8102 and 1066 though. So we will provide one of our modern SD80ACe's to be the second engine on the business train up to Grand Rapids next week. The NYC 3001 and 1894 have been shined up and are ready to head north this weekend for the steamfest, just waiting on the CCP&S power to arrive before we start sending anything up.

Also, in the breaking news department, Penn Central has agreed to sell its Louisville Branch from Indianapolis to Louisville to CSX Transportation for $90 million dollars. CSX wants the line to provide more fluidity and since PC only ran a pair of freights on the line, was more than happy to sell off the line. The total purchase price was actually $100 million, but ten million of it was for CSX to install an modern CTC signaling system along the line. CSX will forward all PC traffic from Louisville on its trains now to Indianapolis where it will then be interchanged to us and the intermodal traffic will now be on CSX trains as well. The affected crews have been offered a choice of staying on the line and becoming CSX employees, taking a transfer to be qualified for other routes out of Indy, or taking a buyout and early retirement. Also PC is looking to sell the Bluffton Branch and Ohio City Secondary lines as it looks to unload some more lightly used routes.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central is in talks with Canadian Pacific to buy some of its ex SOO SD60's and SD60M's that are now for sale. If the sale goes through, look for more units to be retired or placed onto the PCLX leasing roster.

In other news, PC is in negotiations with the Indiana Railroad to sell the entire Petersburg Secondary and Vincennes Secondary branch lines as the railroad continues to unload some more of its more lightly used main and branch lines as it continues to downsize. PC also announced today that NS has purchased the Danville Secondary from Schneider, IN to Danville, IL and plans to abandon the Kankakee line from Hamlet to Wheatfield, IN, although the Hoosier Valley Rail Museum(HVRM) has expressed an interest in purchasing part of it. Purchase price was $56 million.

A crew is onboard the first CCP&S excursion consist at 55th Street yard, PC symbol EXC-600. It will depart at 7:45pm and spend the night in Ft. Wayne before heading up to Grand Rapids tomorrow.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH