My version of Penn Central

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: My version of Penn Central

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

conrailman75 wrote:
Michigan Railfan wrote:Have the DR&EC's locomotives arrived in Jackson yet?
Yes they have, they are sitting in the Penn Central Jackson yard waiting for pickup.
Cool! We'll send a locomotive over tomorrow around 9:00 am.
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

DT&I wrote:Its the TSCR, but we h=still have the old wye in place but its completely overgrown and not connected on your side. Well pay for the switch and well send a hi-railer over it to make sure its safe.
Done, replacement switch will be sent up there tomorrow morning and MOW gang should be able to install it by the end of the day providing there are no weather delays.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Well send some MOW guys down and a hi rail truck, we want the first train to run by friday, does the steel place have enough room for a 35 car train?
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Definitely, I've seen the real SDI in Butler accept trains that large or larger so they definitely can accept your 35 car unit train. So, based on what I read on your thread, am I correct in assuming that the TSCR will bring the train to Auburn and then cut off their power? I will make sure to leave a couple road engines based in Auburn to finish taking the train to Butler and back on my portion of the line.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

MOW gang just finished installing the brand new switch on the TSCR wye track in Auburn, IN to facilitate transfer between TSCR and PC of a unit coil steel train to SDI in Butler, IN. Wye track was inspected and after replacing some ties and fixing a few rail joints, is currently good for 10 MPH.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central anounces yet another haulage rights agreement with the shortline Penn Valley, which connects to PC at Youngstown, OH. This agreement is part of PC's ultimate goal to bypass NS and see its traffic reach Philadelphia without having to hand it off in Pittsburgh to NS. As part of the deal, the Penn Valley will haul PC's traffic to its Allentown, PA yard where its interchanged with the NS before it reaches Philadelphia. In return, PC will haul Penn Valley's traffic west to Chicago where it can connect to the western roads there. Just like the other haulage rights agreements, per HPH rules PC power may run thru on the Penn Valley and PV's power can run thru on the PC. Penn Valley CEO Dave Holl was pleased with the agreement as it helped the PV reach one of its ultimate goals of getting its traffic to Chicago. "This way we now have a friendly connection that will run our traffic to Chicago and we don't have to be at the mercy of NS or CSX anymore," he said.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

PC is in talks to acquire a GP30M-2 and a pair of GP38M-2's from MQT in exchange for 3 GP9's. Also, the PC business train, which runs as OCS-501, is going up to Elkhart, IN next weekend for the NYCSHS convention. Rumor has it that owner Chris Howe will make a couple of major anouncements that weekend, will update when or if they happen.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Major railfan heads up, NS 8104, the Lehigh Valley heritage unit, is going to lead trackage rights coal train NS 776 from Conway yard in Pittsburgh across the Penn Central Fort Wayne line to Bucyrus, OH(actually Colsan) where it will turn and head south on the NS Sandusky District to continue its run. This is the first NS heritage unit to lead a train across the ex PRR Fort Wayne line on Penn Central.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Today the first joint TSCR-PC steel coil train was delivered to the SDI plant in Butler, IN. TSCR brought the train, symbolled QE912 on their railroad, to Auburn, IN where PC GP38-2's 7954 and 7965 picked it up off the newly reopened wye track, where it became PC symbol TSD-1(TSCR to SDI), and finished delivering it to SDI. Once its unloaded, it will return to Auburn as SDT-1(SDI to TSCR) and be delivered to the TSCR wye track for pickup by the TSCR.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central has acquired the following locomotives from MQT:

GP30M-2 ex MQT 2003(to become PC 3151)
GP38M-2 ex MQT 2009(to become PC 7982)
GP38M-2 ex MQT 2010(to become PC 7983)

They will quickly be patched for PC following a quick inspection and scheduled for a full repaint into PC paint as time permits.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Duke Energy opened a brand new plant at Edwardsport, IN on the Penn Central Vincennes Secondary recently. They currently receive coal from a plant on the Indiana Railroad at Dugger, IN, so INRD interchanges the coal train to PC at Beehunter, power and all, and a PC crew gets on board to take the train the rest of the way to Edwardsport for unloading and return. Power on the first train was INRD SD9043MAC's 9002 and 9004.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Trains on Penn Central at 6:00pm:

FWPC-43 at Ft. Wayne, IN
TV7 crew is on duty at Conway yard Pittsburgh, PA for a 6:17pm departure
PICH-8 at Wooster, OH
PIIH-8 is at Orrville, OH
PIGR-8 is at Wood, PA
CRFW-482 is at Van Wert, OH
FWCJ-8 is at Gary, IN
FWPR-8 is at Hamlet, IN
PIFW-8B is at Crestline, OH
TOCH-8 is just passing Mike Tower at Ft. Wayne, IN
CSX Q357 is at Plymouth, IN
NS 421 is at Wanatah, IN
NS 381 is at Coesse, IN(a few miles east of Columbia City)
NS 41T is at Valporaiso, IN
UWC-492 is arriving at 55th Street yard in Chicago with CN 8902 and 8804 for power
Amtrak #2 is at River Branch Junction, IL (Broadway Limited)
CHPI-8 is at Wood, PA
IHPI-8 is at Lucas, OH
GRPI-8 is at New Galilee, PA
FWPI-8B is at Salem, OH
OCPMD-94 is departing Ohio City, OH
INPI-8 is pulling onto the Ft. Wayne mainline at Estry Tower in Van Wert, OH
SLCO-8 is at Frank, IN(near Frankfort) waiting to meet COSL-8
COSL-8 is at Sedalia, IN
CYPI-8 is at Dunkirk, IN
TV211 is at Race(near Logansport, IN)
No. 698 is working in White Pigeon, MI
TV5 is at Homer, MI
COCH-8 is at Crown Point, IN
UWC-693 is at Kendall, MI with CN 5654 and 5757 for power
GRIN-8 is at Plainwell, MI
CYCI-8 is at West Manchester, OH
SPIN-8 is at New Castle, IN
INEV-8 is at Ashby, IN
TV18 is at Seymour, IN
WIRI-50 is at Cumberland, IN
PIIN-8 is on the CSX at Yorktown, IN
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

QE912-78F is pulling onto the wye, its a bit late since traffic on the Ex-EJ&E was congested today.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Okay, I'll call a crew and a lite engine move out of Ft. Wayne to pick it up then and send it on its way.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Okay, I'll call a crew and a lite engine move out of Ft. Wayne to pick it up then and send it on its way.
Sorry for the short notice but we have been having problems with the toledo sub and the EJ&E.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Crew just called for a TSD-1 out of Fort Wayne, will be departing by 7pm to pick up the QE912 that the TSCR just dropped off. Train will run as lite power to Auburn(up the GR&I Branch and across the Vandale Secondary), GP38E's 7730 and 7745, where it will pick up the QE912 off the wye track and head to SDI tonight. When they bring it back, crew will leave the GP38E's in Auburn to be used for next week's trains.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

DT&I wrote:
conrailman75 wrote:Okay, I'll call a crew and a lite engine move out of Ft. Wayne to pick it up then and send it on its way.
Sorry for the short notice but we have been having problems with the toledo sub and the EJ&E.
Its okay, I know how things happen in railroading :) For future reference, I'm going to start stationing a pair of units up at Auburn all the time just to handle this train and that way all I have to do is call the crew and taxi them up there to pick up the train.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Wyoming-Hugart transfer tonight had 2023, 2022, and 2021 with 98 cars, including 70 autoracks that were bing stored in Ludington.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Penn Central has anounced plans to rebuild the Eastern Branch from Forest, OH on the Ft. Wayne mainline up to Stoney Ridge, OH as part of its plan to reach Toledo, OH again on its own tracks. Since a former rail owner decided to tear up Stanley yard and build condos on it, some massive flyovers will be built near the development to get PC trains past the condos and over to the PC yard in Lime City, located just north of Walbridge yard. Construction on this project is expected to begin next month.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

conrailman75 wrote:Penn Central has anounced plans to rebuild the Eastern Branch from Forest, OH on the Ft. Wayne mainline up to Stoney Ridge, OH as part of its plan to reach Toledo, OH again on its own tracks. Since a former rail owner decided to tear up Stanley yard and build condos on it, some massive flyovers will be built near the development to get PC trains past the condos and over to the PC yard in Lime City, located just north of Walbridge yard. Construction on this project is expected to begin next month.
Atrainguy60 was just joking about tearing up the yard. The TC&P still owns it and there aren't 50 story condos by the airport. Save your money lol a flyover isn't needed.