AA

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: AA

Unread post by Saturnalia »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:The tigers are done, so are the tiger commuter trains... and it looks like we will not need to do red wings anytime soon, so the extension of my Detroit trains to the Joe has been put on hold. Trains will run from AA stopping at Ypsi, Canton, Dearborn, the west side of Detroit, and Ford Field for the remainder of the season.

let it be noted that we have no daily passenger trains just sports commuter trains. We are looking into a Amtrak Toledo-Ann Arbor train and a Toledo-Mackinaw train via our clare grayling connection.
You'll have to run that by MQT, as we still have passenger rights for the Mackinac Sub :wink:

Just let us know. We don't plan on stopping you guys, but we have some interests we'd like to work out...
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

time for an updated timetable! the approx part of day that each train goes on duty is listed after the train name

Road Freights

Northbound

TA-1 Toledo to Ann Arbor Daily a.m.
TD-1 Toledo to Durand Daily noon
TF-1 Toledo to Frankfort Daily p.m
TF-2 Toledo to Frankfort Wed-Sat midnight
TMQ-1 Toledo to Mackinaw City Daily p.m
HD-1 Howell to Durand Tues/ Thurs/ Sat a.m.
DF-1 Durand to Frankfort Tues-Sat a.m.

Southbound

AT-1 Ann Arbor to Toledo Daily p.m.
DT-1 Durand to Toledo Daily midnight
FT-1 Frankfort to Toledo Daily midnight
FT-2 Frankfort to Toledo Thurs-Sun a.m.
MTQ-1 Mackinaw City to Toledo Daily p.m.
DH-1 Durand to Howell Mon/ Wed/ Fri p.m.
FD-1 Frankfort to Durand Wed-Sun p.m

Extra trains are indicated with and X instead of a number

Local Jobs

TA-L Toledo to Ann Arbor local Daily p.m.
AS-L Ann Arbor to Saline Local Daily p.m.
DC-L Durand to Clare Local Daily a.m.
CM-L Clare to Mackimaw Local Daily a.m.

Yard Jobs

T-001 Toledo Daily a.m.
M-001 Milan Daily noon
AA-001 Ann Arbor Daily a.m.
S-001 Saline Daily a.m.
H-001 Howell Wed-Fri noon
D-001 Durand Daily a.m
O-001 Owosso Daily a.m.
F-001 Frankfort Daily a.m.
M-001 Mackinaw Daily a.m.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today, the Ann Arbor Anounced that it will be running a Santa Train with the HCE, the train will travel over the HCE and AA System stoping in various cities along the route that has yet to be determined. the HCEs Mohawk NYC 2933 will lead the santa train followed by the HCEs FPA-4 and the AAs F7 both in special wraps.

wraps and timetable to be releaced soon.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Today, the Ann Arbor Anounced that it will be running a Santa Train with the HCE, the train will travel over the HCE and AA System stoping in various cities along the route that has yet to be determined. the HCEs Mohawk NYC 2933 will lead the santa train followed by the HCEs FPA-4 and the AAs F7 both in special wraps.

wraps and timetable to be releaced soon.
Wonder where that idea came from :wink:

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The consist for the Christmas train is set, now all that needs to be released is the timetable.

Leading the way is the HCE's NYC painted Mohawk

followed by the HCE's ALCO FPA-4 wraped in a special NYC Cristmas bow wrap

and third in consist will be the AA's F7 in a similar NYC Christmas wrap

It will be quite the NYC heritage consist thanks to the AA shop crews and wraping these units.

The cars that are going to be run are the AA's open end observation car, the AA's dome car, the HCE's twin unit diner, an HCE coach, and a HCE baggage/tool car. the HCE steam crew will ride along with the AA's best crew. There will be a very limited number of public seats on this Santa train trip, with some of the seats going to employee's of the AA and HCE, and most of the seats being donated to childern and there families that are currently at motts childern hospital; and of course for Santa.

Route and dates to be released on a later date. These Units will be on Display in Toledo from 11/8 to 11/10, in Ann Arbor from 11/11 to 11/15, and in Jackson from 11/16 to 11/18. on 11/19 the units will head back to Toledo for final servicing before the actual trips.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

AA, I own the rights to the NYC name and paint scheme, including the lightning stripe scheme you are using. You must get special permission from the PC legal department to be able to use this paint scheme. NS already received permission from us to use NYC, PRR, and PC's paint schemes on their heritage locomotives and we already granted an exception to all the museums with NYC lettered equipment in their collections. So we're not scrooges when it comes to allowing special permission to use our licensed former railroad names, we just like to be asked first is all.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

conrailman75 wrote:AA, I own the rights to the NYC name and paint scheme, including the lightning stripe scheme you are using. You must get special permission from the PC legal department to be able to use this paint scheme. NS already received permission from us to use NYC, PRR, and PC's paint schemes on their heritage locomotives and we already granted an exception to all the museums with NYC lettered equipment in their collections. So we're not scrooges when it comes to allowing special permission to use our licensed former railroad names, we just like to be asked first is all.
My bad, if its ok I'd like to I guess.. (Didnt know you owned the rights to this paint)

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Permission granted, and while I normally do charge a nominal $25,000 licensing fee, I'm waiving it this time around. Yeah I own the rights to the PRR and NYC and all of their paint schemes since they are predecessor roads to PC for future reference.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Ok thanks! They are wraps so they will be coming off after Christmas.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Early this morning the AA made a special move from Toledo to Ann Arbor, SD70ACe 100 leading NYC (HCE) Mohawk, HCE FPA-4 in NYC colors, AA f7 on NYC colors, and the AA OLS caboose. Units are set to be in display in Ann Arbor until the 15

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Early this morning the AA made a special move from Toledo to Ann Arbor, SD70ACe 100 leading NYC (HCE) Mohawk, HCE FPA-4 in NYC colors, AA f7 on NYC colors, and the AA OLS caboose. Units are set to be in display in Ann Arbor until the 15
I am definately going to see these! :lol:
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Tonight at 7 pm, AA sw1500s 700 and 701 will be taking the NYC (HCE) mohawk, FPA-4, and AA F7 along with the AA caboose down to saline then to Jackson via HCE for display

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Tonight at 7 pm, AA sw1500s 700 and 701 will be taking the NYC (HCE) mohawk, FPA-4, and AA F7 along with the AA caboose down to saline then to Jackson via HCE for display
My yard crew has positioned them near the old NYC jackson shops. I will be sending The 0-6-0 up at Noon, With a short freight in tow.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today it was announced that te AA will be running test trains between Ann Arbor and Toledo over thanksgiving, and then trains from Toledo to Mackinaw (possibably with auto carrier type cars) over the Christmas and new year season. The trains to mackinaw will possibably need MQT premission. The trains will be operated by Amtrak, but using AA's commuter coaches and passenger engines for now (because of amtrak being equiptment short during this season) The eventual goal is to have Amtrak operating the trains with their own equipment.

For thanksgiving we will be operating 3 trains each way wensday to Sunday, with a connection to the Amtrak lake shore and Capitol limited. Thanksgiving time table to be released later today. We will be using Toledo union station, and AA's Amtrak station for the terminals, inbetween runs the train sets will sit in Toledo union station or at ferry yard. Plans for Christmas trains to come out later

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

So for our thanksgiving trains, the schedule will look like this:

Train AA1: depart Toledo at 9:15 am, arrive Ann Arbor at 8:00am
Train AA2: depart Ann Arobr at 8:30 am, arrive Toledo at 9:15 am

Train AA3: depart Toledo at 11:15 am, arrive Ann Arbor at Noon
Train AA4: depart Ann Arbor at 1:00 pm, arrive Toledo at 1:45 pm

Train AA5: depart Toledo at 7:30 pm, arrive Ann Arbor at 8:15 pm
Train AA6: depart Ann Arbor at 8:45 pm, arrive Toledo at 9:30 pm

There will be station stops at Saline (Pittsfield junction) and Milan (just south of ex wabash dimond). Those stops will be 3 minute stops. trains will operate at up to 70mph

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Today it was announced that te AA will be running test trains between Ann Arbor and Toledo over thanksgiving, and then trains from Toledo to Mackinaw (possibably with auto carrier type cars) over the Christmas and new year season. The trains to mackinaw will possibably need MQT premission. The trains will be operated by Amtrak, but using AA's commuter coaches and passenger engines for now (because of amtrak being equiptment short during this season) The eventual goal is to have Amtrak operating the trains with their own equipment.

For thanksgiving we will be operating 3 trains each way wensday to Sunday, with a connection to the Amtrak lake shore and Capitol limited. Thanksgiving time table to be released later today. We will be using Toledo union station, and AA's Amtrak station for the terminals, inbetween runs the train sets will sit in Toledo union station or at ferry yard. Plans for Christmas trains to come out later
Your holiday trains are okay for this season :)

We're really saving our passenger rights for the summertime :wink:

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

ConrailMan5 wrote:
YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Tonight at 7 pm, AA sw1500s 700 and 701 will be taking the NYC (HCE) mohawk, FPA-4, and AA F7 along with the AA caboose down to saline then to Jackson via HCE for display
My yard crew has positioned them near the old NYC jackson shops. I will be sending The 0-6-0 up at Noon, With a short freight in tow.
Hmm, that's not very far from our Jackson yard so perhaps I'll give my yard crews some time to go over and check out your display.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today or lions and red wings wrapped f40phs lead a 18 car thanksgiving special from Ann Arbor or ford field as part of our game day commuter trains. Currently the train is sitting outside of ford field and the crew is enjoying the game. The cab car will be leading the return to Ann Arbor when the game is over.

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:Today or lions and red wings wrapped f40phs lead a 18 car thanksgiving special from Ann Arbor or ford field as part of our game day commuter trains. Currently the train is sitting outside of ford field and the crew is enjoying the game. The cab car will be leading the return to Ann Arbor when the game is over.
Watched that game while feasting on turkey... Stayed tied up for awhile til Houston got that field goal.
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today it was announced that the AA will be borrowing all of Agawa canyon railways coaches for the Christmas trains from Toledo to mackinaw. We will also be leasing 6 viewliners, and 6 other sleeping cars to be used on the test trains, in addition to the viewliners we are also leasing 20 auto train auto racks from Amtrak.

It has been decided that we will run 2 trains a day each way, one leaving in the morning, and one leaving late at night. The over night one will have 6 sleepers and the over night auto racks for cars. We will be using one of Toledo union stations stub platforms as a makeshift area for the ramp. The train with auto racks and sleepers will go overnight leaving Toledo and mackinaw at 11pm. The day train will leave Toledo and mackinaw with no auto racks or sleepers at 8am. More info to follow this release, like compleat timetables and what not.