AA

Sub forum for Paper Railroads
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: AA

Unread post by Ypsi »

we are close to Ford Field only a block away, trains should be running before the lions home opener
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

Love your new avatar picture Ypsi, those streamlined Hudsons were among my favorite steam locomotives :D
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

conrailman75 wrote:Love your new avatar picture Ypsi, those streamlined Hudsons were among my favorite steam locomotives :D
thanks! i love em too! my favorite HO engine i have is a hudson 8)

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The street running to ford field is almost done. Work to continue tommorow and is expected to be done by the 7th. so test trains will run on the 8th along with the an AA OCS. Trains will run on the 9th for the lions home opener, trains will run on the same times as they have been with the tigers games... but now no busses.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:The AA will be running commuter trains for the home detroit tigers games fro the rest of the seanson starting next week. we will run 4 trains in and 4 trains out with shuttle connections from DET amtrak station to comerica park.

34 train sets of 5 cars each. that will run 4 in and 4 back each ticket is a round trip with bus included

Night game
Train #.....N01.....N03.....N05....N07

AA..........4:30....5:00....5:30...6:00
Ypsi........4:40....5:10....5:40...6:10
Canton.....4:48....5:18....5:48...6:18
Dearborn...5:00...5:30....6:00....6:30
DET.........5:30...6:00....6:30....7:00

Day game
Train #.....D01.....D03.....D05......D07

AA..........10:30...11:00...11:30...12:00
Ypsi........10:40....11:10..11:40...12:10
Canton.....10:48...11:18...11:48...12:18
Dearborn...11:00...11:30...12:00...12:30
DET.........11:30...12:00...12:30...1:00

All west bount trains will run a reverse of the printed but it will depend on when the game ends and what time the busses arrive. the times are padded in the timetable. N for night and D for day, wb #s are 2 4 6 and 8
they will run in times similar to this

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi, Penn Central's CEO has decided he would like to attend the Lions' home opener and wants to bring our one car business train(the observation car and PC FP7 4371)to the game this weekend. Will that be possible? PC would run the train to Toledo and then get on AA tracks there to head up to Detroit for the game.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

sure thing. I was planing on having the tracks done farther then they needed to be so I could park my OCS too 8)

the tracks will be compleated to ford field then about 500 feet beyond the station for our 2 trains. I have an f7 and 3 coaches going so we should be able to fit the 5 pieces of equpitment in that space

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Cool, my train will run up to Toledo on Saturday and then I will interchange it to you on Sunday morning for forwarding to the game.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

conrailman75 wrote:Cool, my train will run up to Toledo on Saturday and then I will interchange it to you on Sunday morning for forwarding to the game.
If you dont mind, I can just add your engine and car to the end of my train.

The AA is sending the AA 9 (F7A) a dome/ lounge, a business/ end car, and a car and an engine from the Hilsdale Clinton and Eastern. we will be taking a HCE dome end car and an FPA-4 on the rear of my cars. the AA has a suite and 10 50 yard line seats at ford field

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Go ahead, especially if it saves you a crew or a pilot. We don't mind how we get there just as long as we get there :D
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The lions trains went great! We will also be doing tigers games for the rest of their season.

The AA/PC/HCE OCS is getting ready to depart Ford field at 5:45 pm

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The Ann Arbor Turned 117 years old last Friday! We were created on Setpember 21st 1895, and celebrated 100 years in 1995 with a special painted GP35 (#380 repainted in '07, sold '12). The Annie is the current oldest railroad in Michigan, and one of the longest continually operating business in Michigan. Our steam engines are long gone, as are all of our ALCOs and GP35s, but we continue to upgrade our fleet and keep dependiable transportation in the state of michigan.

Ann Arbor Railroad: Serving Michigan since 1895

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Just a little info, the AA has been running commuter trains to the lions games, and has been running commuter trains to comerica park during the playoffs. We have leased some additional coaches from metra and Amtrak durning this time. We got 12 horizon cars and 10 additional metra cars.

Michigan Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michigan Railfan »

How far have we come with the Detroit commuter station? Is there an expected finish date? Keep in mind we have extra workers and equipment if ever necessary :)
Jake
Railroading YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/trainster100
Aviation YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/dtwdelta763

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Michigan Railfan wrote:How far have we come with the Detroit commuter station? Is there an expected finish date? Keep in mind we have extra workers and equipment if ever necessary :)
We are right now working on buying the space from the city of Detroit... the space that we are looking at is the park at 150 west jefferson, just north of the stadium. The Issue we keep running into is the fact that it is a park nad that we would need to relocate a statue. The city is resistant to move the art, but we believe that we can have it moved, and all that we will be able to build is a 2 track station with a small building. the station will have a shed for the trains to pull into since they will be used in the winter and for hockey games. The NHL lockout has allowed us to take our time and make sure we do everything right. Hopefully we will be able to get a deal done with the city before the NHL season (hopefully) starts.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

one of my AA's Cabooses

heartlandguy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by heartlandguy »

YpsiAmtrakBoy wrote:one of my AA's Cabooses

Man, that looks cool. Good job Ypsi!
"Alright, uh, get to a stop here and we'll order you a party bus for Lima" -12/30/16

"He ain't one of them terrorists, is he?" "Nah, just some paparazzi. We never get them out here!" -03/12/19

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I like it Ypsi! I was hoping you would take my challenge and design a paint scheme for my AAMN :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

AARR wrote:I like it Ypsi! I was hoping you would take my challenge and design a paint scheme for my AAMN :)
Thanks. Ok i can do that! ill post it when im done

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The tigers are done, so are the tiger commuter trains... and it looks like we will not need to do red wings anytime soon, so the extension of my Detroit trains to the Joe has been put on hold. Trains will run from AA stopping at Ypsi, Canton, Dearborn, the west side of Detroit, and Ford Field for the remainder of the season.

let it be noted that we have no daily passenger trains just sports commuter trains. We are looking into a Amtrak Toledo-Ann Arbor train and a Toledo-Mackinaw train via our clare grayling connection.