Great Lakes Central Updates: January 2021

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Great Lakes Central Updates: January 2021

Unread post by AANscaleRunner »

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1010.

MiRailProductions
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MiRailProductions »

A very short OSTN just crossed the diamond SB at Durand. 382 leading 398 elephant style. 15:00.
"If you are ever chasing trains, you're bound to end up on a 2-lane, double-striped road with a slow poke in front of you." -Danny Harmon
YouTube - Michigan Rail Productions
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPPgdn ... wZHDIyfk_Q

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Leaving Cadillac for Clare at 1015.

Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Hi railer west of 127 on the Middleton. I'd expect them to be running in the next day. Seems to be how it goes.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

3 empty beams and a pole car at biewer today. They pulled 2 loads yesterday and should have gotten one this morning.

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Not 100% positive, but sounded like northbound out of Cadillac around 0900.

Update: Southbound out of Petoskey approximately 1500.
Last edited by AANscaleRunner on Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:19 am
Not 100% positive, but sounded like northbound out of Cadillac around 0900.
Yesterday I heard them talking about traverse city and Saturday. I could only hear one side of the conversation so I'm not sure if they were discussing past or future.

KingsleyRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KingsleyRailFan »

They did not send up the MOW Plow if they were coming here, as most of the snow has melted and there has not been any new accumulation for about 3 weeks. Perhaps they are up this way.
Consistently confused

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

3 loaded beams at biewer today. Still the empty pole car. Does hydrolake ever ship poles or only recieve?

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

Wb across 127 headed for Middleton. 2 units and a lot of tsby 3 bay hoppers 1650

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

KC8RBK wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:50 pm
Wb across 127 headed for Middleton. 2 units and a lot of tsby 3 bay hoppers 1650
Eb on their way back almost to 127 at 2104

AANscaleRunner
Railroadfan...fan

Hearing them leave Cadillac towards Clare at 1020.

KC8RBK
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KC8RBK »

AANscaleRunner wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:29 am
Hearing them leave Cadillac towards Clare at 1020.
Just pulled up to work viking 1042

KingsleyRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by KingsleyRailFan »

Sounds like they’re making a late-night TC Run. Through Kingsley or close to it at 22:51
Consistently confused

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

They dropped 3 gons at Beacon- leaving TC after 1am this morning. Heard the horns in the quiet night from at least 3 miles away. Nice to see night/weekend train in Traverse City. Also, looks like a heap of rail cars cut up in the stock at Beacon. Looked to be covered hoppers (well, cut up pieces). I thought they had already cut up the TSBY cars they had a couple years ago, but apparently not, unless more showed up recently.
CEO of the Waving Institute- teaching great wave forms.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

They dropped 3 gons at Beacon- leaving TC after 1am this morning. Heard the horns in the quiet night from at least 3 miles away. Nice to see night/weekend train in Traverse City. Also, looks like a heap of rail cars cut up in the stock at Beacon. Looked to be covered hoppers (well, cut up pieces). I thought they had already cut up the TSBY cars they had a couple years ago, but apparently not, unless more showed up recently.
Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask how traffic has been up to TC Beacon. Seemed to be pretty steady after the spur went back into service, but I haven’t been following along over the past many months. Good update!

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

GP30M4216 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:28 pm
Actually, I’ve been meaning to ask how traffic has been up to TC Beacon. Seemed to be pretty steady after the spur went back into service, but I haven’t been following along over the past many months. Good update!
A few weeks ago they had 6 gons on the spur (4 were brand new gons plus to of the usual DJJX). They picked up a load last Friday (also had lumber for Amerhart) during the day, and then of course last night/this morning dropped off the 3 empties. Looked like at least one was a DJJX and the other two looked to be the new gons (I forget the reporting marks- not DJJX).

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

TC Man wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:35 pm
GP30M4216 wrote:
A few weeks ago they had 6 gons on the spur (4 were brand new gons plus to of the usual DJJX). They picked up a load last Friday (also had lumber for Amerhart) during the day, and then of course last night/this morning dropped off the 3 empties. Looked like at least one was a DJJX and the other two looked to be the new gons (I forget the reporting marks- not DJJX).
I think the newer scrap gons have a reporting mark of AIMX which from what I can tell is Trinity Rail.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

LansingRailFan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:19 pm
TC Man wrote:
GP30M4216 wrote:

I think the newer scrap gons have a reporting mark of AIMX which from what I can tell is Trinity Rail.
AIMX is American Iron and Metal which is based out of... Quebec. Go figure. Their cars are black with large AIM letters on the side. Built in 2019 and 2020.
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

TC Man
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by TC Man »

ns8401 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:09 am
LansingRailFan wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:19 pm
TC Man wrote:

AIMX is American Iron and Metal which is based out of... Quebec. Go figure. Their cars are black with large AIM letters on the side. Built in 2019 and 2020.
Reporting marks were ITIX or something very similar (IT for sure, and the ending X for sure, and I THINK the 3rd was a "I").