New CSX Special Unit

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
DriverJon
South Lyon Boys

New CSX Special Unit

Unread post by DriverJon »

CSX has released a new special interest unit into the wild. The SD70MAC #4568 is a blue, yellow, and white operation life saver unit and was released earlier today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cidv2WQpQXJ ... MyMTA2M2Y=

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: New CSX Special Unit

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Don't suppose you have a link to a photo that doesn't require one to have an Instagram login ID to view it?

NEvermind, quick google search takes us to RailOhio's photo:
https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... lifesaver/
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

Can't place it exactly, but those colors look familiar :wink:

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

I swear these “special paint” units just keep getting weirder and worse. Can’t say I’m a fan of the Amtrak OLS anniversary scheme and this one is not great either IMO. I think the colors are nice but the execution is weird. The yellow top makes it look like they put the safety stripe in the wrong location.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I applaud the railroads for selecting colors and schemes that us Foamers can copy in HO Scale with just masking tape a paint brushes.
Ypsi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:54 pm
I swear these “special paint” units just keep getting weirder and worse. Can’t say I’m a fan of the Amtrak OLS anniversary scheme and this one is not great either IMO. I think the colors are nice but the execution is weird. The yellow top makes it look like they put the safety stripe in the wrong location.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

I'm wondering how long before someone down south realizes those colors look real close to being maize and blue.

CM44AC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CM44AC »

Interesting scheme! Does anyone know if the gold/yellow is the same used on the YN3 scheme? And also, is the blue the same as what's used on the YN3 scheme?

It can be very hard to tell the exact colors through pictures, and the YN3 blue and gold get covered in grime quickly.

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

TransKentucky Transportation had a scheme sort of like this, kind of if I remember correctly.