UP reopening humps

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

UP reopening humps

Unread post by redside20 »

at their railyards in fort worth texas and one in idaho..Hinkle is the name i think oh and their hiring more personnel for thier loco shop at HInkle which i think partially shut down too..morons
Exit stage left

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: UP reopening humps

Unread post by Saturnalia »

redside20 wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 7:37 pm
at their railyards in fort worth texas and one in idaho..Hinkle is the name i think oh and their hiring more personnel for thier loco shop at HInkle which i think partially shut down too..morons
Hinkle is in north-central Oregon, FWIW.

My presumption is that shifting most of Hinkle's work to Albina just wasn't working out. I was in the Tower at Albina back in the summer of 2019, after Hinkle closed, and that placed was slammed.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

After some more observation on trainorders, those sources have confirmed that UP has indeed returned to humping operations at Davidson Yard in Fort Worth Texas which commenced three weeks ago. all for now.
Exit stage left

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Manistique »

The Wall Street Journal had a article about this the other day. NS reopened one or two also.

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Manistique wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:13 pm
The Wall Street Journal had a article about this the other day. NS reopened one or two also.
Is linwood one of them? I remember going there once and watching from the top of a hill next to the yard while the hump was open. That place was VERY busy.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Manistique »

David Collins wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:07 pm
Manistique wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 6:13 pm
Is linwood one of them? I remember going there once and watching from the top of a hill next to the yard while the hump was open. That place was VERY busy.
The only NS hump reopened per the WSJ article are the ones in Bellevue, Ohio and Macon, Georgia. It didn't specify which UP ones were reactivated.