Adirondack rail line to be reopened

News or chat about railroad info that pertains to the entire United States, another state, or country.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Adirondack rail line to be reopened

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

http://www.railwayage.com/index.php/fre ... l?channel=

A rail route has been given the ok by the STB to be reopened. This is despite some protesting by environmentalists.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Adirondack rail line to be reopened

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I LOVE how the enviornmental groups tried to block a rail route thta will re-open AS A REPLACEMENT to less-efficient trucking :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

Finally, someone is ignoring environmentalists. Good job! :)
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Don't let the name of that environmental group fool you.

Most environmental protests are conducted by the same small group of people who have a rich benefactor to sponser them. In essence their "job" is to go everywhere in the US and try to stop industrial growth of any kind unless it is someone who contributes money to them. Because their group is so small they have to try and rowse local people. Their efforts to get local people on their side usually fails to generate significant support so they will pay homeless people and get local political groups of other liberal causes (gay rights, SEIU, etc.) to sit in on the big meetings to make it appear they have major support.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...