DJI Mavic Battery issues

Questions on editing, camera settings, equipment, critiques, how to upload photos, etc....
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

DJI Mavic Battery issues

Unread post by David Collins »

I know there a few members that have a drone so I thought this would be a good place to ask, but does anyone have the charger that can hold three batteries, and if so, is anyone having issues with charging all three at once?

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: DJI Mavic Battery issues

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

I know the batteries are different for different models, so I suspect the chargers are too.

I have the Magic Pro. The factory charger that plugs into the wall has a connector that goes to one battery, or to an add on piece that holds up to 4 batteries. If I charge all 4 at the same time, it seems to actively charge 2 of them, and then the other pair after the first ones are full. Takes about an hour per battery.

I also have an aftermarket charger that plugs into the 12v port in the car. That one has 2 battery connectors, but it seems very slow if more than 1 is plugged in.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

David Collins wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:11 pm
I know there a few members that have a drone so I thought this would be a good place to ask, but does anyone have the charger that can hold three batteries, and if so, is anyone having issues with charging all three at once?
The 3-battery DJI charger does not charge all three "at once." It starts with the least depleted battery and moves on to the next one once that is fully charged.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I've noticed that the batteries take a long time no matter how you do it. I have the smart controller and that thing takes all night for a full charge. My actual cell phone car charger actually works best on the controller. I need to buy at least 3cmore batteries. I have 4 currently.

I number them to ensure an even rotation
Mark it Zero.