layout video

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

layout video

Unread post by KVERBERK »

posted this on youtube awhile ago. But thought I would share it here since I haven't put anything up in a while about the layout. Winter is coming and with it, model railroad season, so hopefully I'll make some progress on the layout soon.
https://youtu.be/Ivkot4h-ZeI?si=KOelox1PnBxAJsRW
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: layout video

Unread post by AARR »

Nice work! Looking forward to updates.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

Very nice Kyle! What decoder does the #2015 have? Been trying to find a decoder with a quillable horn function for a minute..
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

David,

The 2015 has a TCS wow sound decoder. 21pin mounted on a TCS mother board with build in keep alive. It does have a "quill horn", but it's a separate function from the standard horn. I forget what the original function number it was, as I remapped it to function 7. When you press function 7 it runs through one of 3 different grade crossing sequences, each sounding a little different. And depending on what horn you have selected each horn has different set of quill sequences. In my opinion it's a really neat feature not found on other decoders. Only problem is it can be a little difficult to time the grade crossing sequence properly as you only press the button once and it plays the entire long, long, short, long. Anyway, hope this helps and makes sense.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

Struggen
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Struggen »

Just subscribed, looking forward to seeing more! How big is the layout?

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks Struggen,

The layout is about 13x22, mostly just track no scenery at this point. Hoping to get some done this winter including some videos and a layout tour
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

Struggen
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Struggen »

Keep the vid's coming. I'm hoping to finally get my layout going this winter as well. For now I just have a small 1x4 N scale switching puzzle/layout and an 4x8 HO oval. I've got 3 major scenes from from LS&I, LSRC, and Marquette Rail I am trying to mash together in AnyRail for the big layout.