Kitbashing a NS AC44C6M

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Kitbashing a NS AC44C6M

Unread post by David Collins »

At the time of this post, not a single model railroad manufacturer makes a model of the AC44C6M, these engines are rebuilt Dash 9's with a GEVO cab and alternating current traction motors for those who don't know. I watched a video a few years ago that my buddy NSModeler24 made (yes, he's one of my friends from North Carolina), where he took a Scaletrains NS Dash 9, Replaced the cab with a Tier 4 GEVO cab (he kept the rest of the engine) and renumbered the engine.

I happen to have an Athearn Blue-box UP AC44 laying around that I haven't used, and I've started work to make this engine an NS AC44C6M. I already have a shell of a Tier 4 GEVO that I got off of Ebay for cheap. I'm planning on adding LED headlights, ditchlights, numberboards and walkway lights and a new ESU Loksound 5 decoder. I'm planning to number this engine based off of an AC44C6M I've seen, #4550.

ImageBrand new by David R. Collins, on Flickr

I will continue to post updates as this project comes along.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Re: Kitbashing a NS AC44C6M

Unread post by Talk »

Interesting David! I'm wanted to do a project like this and make a GP38-3/GP40-3, but I never even started... im definitely interested to see your progress

For those who don't trust themselves to destroy a model, I'm sure when the SXT AC44 project comes out they might make C6M's... they got the tooling already