2022 Train Shows

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Eric Berger
Railroadfan...fan

Re: 2022 Train Shows

Unread post by Eric Berger »

fmilhaupt wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:38 am
Eric Berger wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:34 pm
Do they still have that show at the MBT Expo Center at the Monroe County Fairgrounds? I remember that one was usually a fair, sometimes good show that I almost always enjoyed going to.
That show hasn't been held for a long time, now. At least five years, I think.

It was what was left of the old Maumee show. Al Mitchell (who also owns Model Railstuff, the former Mr. Plaster line) bought the show from Steve Scanes a couple years before the Key Street Rec Center management started making changes that raised the rental costs dramatically. This included charging for parking and some other behind-the-scenes stuff that ultimately made it unsustainable to continue holding this show there, so Al moved the show to Monroe County.
Yes, I used to often rent a table at that show. Unfortunately, they changed my work schedule so that I was working Sundays, so that made me completely fall out of the train show loop. That's a bummer that Al hasn't done the show in that long; as I remember, that was usually a fair, sometimes good show. That one model railroad club who'd do an operating layout there had a radio tower on their layout, which had a flashing beacon atop it that looked VERY realistic!

I actually preferred the Monroe County QTH, because it was considerably closer to my home.
"From a really tall tower, in the middle of a really big field..."