Nappanee Train Show

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Nappanee Train Show

Unread post by berkmeister »

The ninth annual Nappanee Train Show, presented by the Elkhart Model Railroad Club, will be held on Saturday, March 16, 2013. Showtime: 10:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M. Located at the Borkholder Dutch Village, Tomahawk Trail (C.R.101), 1/2 mile North of U.S.6 in Nappanee, IN. Featuring: operating layouts, door prizes and rows and rows of vendor tables in all scales! Admission: $4.00, 12 and under free with paid adult admission. For club and show information, contact Paul Ewing at (574) 287-0908. E-Mail us at: emrrc@yahoo.com or visit us online on Facebook or at: http://www.trainweb.org/ew :D Berkmeister

GAP
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Nappanee Train Show

Unread post by GAP »

Is Nappanee on the same time as Michigan now? I know Indiana changed its policy a couple years ago but I still get confused. Despite three birthdays (nephew, wife and granddaughter) within a week of this show, I think I'm going to make it anyway.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by conrailman75 »

GAP wrote:Is Nappanee on the same time as Michigan now? I know Indiana changed its policy a couple years ago but I still get confused. Despite three birthdays (nephew, wife and granddaughter) within a week of this show, I think I'm going to make it anyway.
It is indeed on Eastern Daylight Time, same as Michigan. All thanks to that lousy former Gov. Daniels(I never voted for him!), its been this way since probably 2006 I believe. Berkey, I'm holding our CRHS event in Marion, OH again this summer on July 27th if you want to start making plans now :)
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

berkmeister
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by berkmeister »

IMHO, this is a buyers show. We have a variety of vendors in different scales and gauges. This year, we'll have the operating layouts interspersed among the vendors instead of having the layouts all in one room. Looking forward to it, a fun time for all! GAP: yes the showtime is the same as Michigan and Ohio, we're EDT now. Chris: might head Marion way this summer, had a good time last year in Marion. :D Berk

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

conrailman75 wrote:
GAP wrote:Is Nappanee on the same time as Michigan now? I know Indiana changed its policy a couple years ago but I still get confused. Despite three birthdays (nephew, wife and granddaughter) within a week of this show, I think I'm going to make it anyway.
It is indeed on Eastern Daylight Time, same as Michigan. All thanks to that lousy former Gov. Daniels(I never voted for him!), its been this way since probably 2006 I believe.
Yep, god forbid the rest of Indiana get on board with the rest of the country :roll:

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Careful, he will call you names.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Seems like there's also a show in South Bend this weekend. Between the Nappanee show tomorrow, the South Bend show on Sunday and the NKP heritage unit supposedly in Kokomo this weekend, it was tempting to book a hotel room in Michiana for tomorrow night and spend the weekend running around central northern Indiana taking in the sights and sounds...
~ Charles W.

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

I'm not going to bother to respond directly to your comments guys, its not worth it today.

Back on topic, good luck to you and your club Gary and hope you have another great show this year. Your show was always one of my favorites to do back in the days when I was a trainshow vendor.
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

conrailman75 wrote:I'm not going to bother to respond directly to your comments guys, its not worth it today.
Listen, I understand that you are upset that your imaginary railroad was taken over by another make belive railroad, I get that. However, don't get an attitude when you post inflammatory comments and some one calls you out on it.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Winning

conrailman75
Railroadfan...fan

Again, I will not dignify you guys with a response, and please stop hijacking my friend Gary's thread about his club's show, leave him out of this!
Chris Howe
Fairborn, OH

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

It is interesting that you have no issues hijacking this thread with inflammatory statements about th former governor of Indiana, but have issues when someone calls you out on it. It all seems a little hypocritical.