weathered TSBY GP35

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

weathered TSBY GP35

Unread post by KVERBERK »

I thought I would share some pics of my weathered TSBY GP35. I have been reluctant to weather a locomotive because I didn''t want to ruin it, but I am happy with the result. I don't think the pictures do it justice and the blue still looks goofy but here it is:
and Just for comparison #389 unweathered
Last edited by KVERBERK on Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

tsby_fan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: weathered TSBY GP35

Unread post by tsby_fan »

Nice job, I like it! :D
Al

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Same here...the weathered look is much better than the out of the box. And you did a nice job too!!!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Thanks, glad you like it.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

Amazing! :D It looks really good. I also like the pictures with the natural backdrops. O Gauge Railroading magazine did a series of articles on taking pictures of model trains with realistic backrounds such a grain elevators, coaling towers. It would be cool to see pics of that model with some GLC customers as a backdrop. I just noticed that Clare is mispelled "Claire." OOPS :oops:

pfs
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pfs »

Looks good.

My only helpful comments going forward are:

The grime is monotone, some variation in the color wold take the model to a new level. (at least in the pic it seems so)

The trucks could use some variation as well.

The original blue on that model was a difficult place to start, from the photo your weathering looks pretty good compared to what I have seen on the proto shots of the same rd.

Also whenever possible work from proto pics. (not sure if you did here) .

Well done.

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

pfs,

Thanks for the helpful comments. They are always welcome. I think I see what you mean as far as the monotone grime. I am planning to weather 389 as well and will try to apply some of your advice. For this model I used proto pics as a guide for colors but not so much to replicate the way 394 looks. I am part way done with an athearn blue box sw1500 and will post some pics of that when done. Thanks again.

Kyle
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan