Bought a GMTX geep today

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Bought a GMTX geep today

Unread post by Garry K »

I stopped by Rider's Hobby in Ypsi early on Saturday, and bought an Athearn RTR GP38-2 that was painted with GMTX reporting marks, similar to the two leased locos used by GLC. The model is GMTX 2620, so I'll have to change the numbers (I'll flip a coin to determine either 2663 or 2675). Should also change the nose logo.

Garry K

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You may already know this but the units on GLC are straight GP38's, not -2's. Not a big deal with me, but if it is to you just giving you a heads up.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Don..they were built as straight GP38's..but have rebuilt with "-2" electronics and the like..and are now GP38-2's.
Dagmut, Garry, I was in riders 2 weeks ago and there were no GMTX units anywheres near the building!
Dave C

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

The model looks like a very close match to the leased locos on GLC. Only need to do the number change and a couple of other minor details. The fans, filters, & horn are all in the right places and look correct.

Garry K

nssd70
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70 »

Atlas did their GP38 in the GMTX scheme.

Doug