Atlas starts product run O scale SD70MAC with LSRC colors

Model railroading in all scales and gauges. HO talk welcome :)
David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Atlas starts product run O scale SD70MAC with LSRC colors

Unread post by David Collins »

https://archive.atlasrr.com/OLoco/arc-osd70mac.htm

I don't really do O scale, but this is something I may buy for the Christmas tree, because one of the road names being offered is LSRC!

Fine print: Yes, I know, LSRC's units are SD70M's. Atlas needs to correct that, they're still pretty much the same locomotives.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Atlas starts product run O scale SD70MAC with LSRC colors

Unread post by AARR »

It’s nice to see LSRC get some national attention
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Struggen
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Struggen »

Athearn has these in HO:
MP15AC LSRC #1501
MP15AC LSRC #1502
SD70M LSRC #6431
SD70M LSRC #6432

Sad the MP15's won't be seen riverside anymore in Port Huron. But 2 road numbers for the SD70's so you can consist. Athearn seems to really like their paint schemes and they say they are popular as well so hopefully we'll see some GP40M-3 someday.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Struggen wrote:
Sun May 14, 2023 9:08 pm
Athearn has these in HO:
MP15AC LSRC #1501
MP15AC LSRC #1502
SD70M LSRC #6431
SD70M LSRC #6432

Sad the MP15's won't be seen riverside anymore in Port Huron. But 2 road numbers for the SD70's so you can consist. Athearn seems to really like their paint schemes and they say they are popular as well so hopefully we'll see some GP40M-3 someday.
Wow. $300+ for locomotives where the handrails will break when the units are just sitting around doing nothing and with nobody handling them! I have pestered Athearn many times for them to replace the cheap plastic handrails with something better, or for metal replacements, but all they offer is the same cheap handrails. Those handrails are a "deal breaker" for me, and has kept me from buying any new Athearn locomotives since I bought some AA & TSBY GP35s a while ago.

Garry K

Struggen
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Struggen »

Garry K wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 11:04 am
Wow. $300+ for locomotives where the handrails will break when the units are just sitting around doing nothing and with nobody handling them! I have pestered Athearn many times for them to replace the cheap plastic handrails with something better, or for metal replacements, but all they offer is the same cheap handrails. Those handrails are a "deal breaker" for me, and has kept me from buying any new Athearn locomotives since I bought some AA & TSBY GP35s a while ago.
I haven't noticed that problem on any of the newer locos. I just got back into trains so maybe all the Ahearn's I have are improved. I do have a new Scale Train Dash-9 released in Dec 2022 that came with really warped hand rails on one side though :(