How many trains go through Ypsilanti

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

How many trains go through Ypsilanti

Unread post by dalek ling »

I plan to go railfan Ypsilanti MI in a few weeks, and I was wondering how many trains a day go through that town

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: How many trains go through Ypsilanti

Unread post by Ypsi »

I hope you don't mind a slow predictable pace of train action, but the answer is 6 or 8.

For Amtrak check whatever day you're going with Amtrak's track a train or tickets. Trains get through Ypsi either 10 mins before arriving in ARB westbound or about 10 minutes after departing EB. M-Th this summer Amtrak is suspending 350 and 353. Amtrak is fully timetabled, and the freight might as well be.

For NS, M-F B25 comes through EB around 2-3am, and WB around 5-6am. Saturday B25 follows 350 and generally comes back west before 355 running during daylight both ways this time of year. No freight Sunday.

There will be nothing between 351 and 355 Monday-Thursday once Amtrak suspends service of 350 and 353. If your plan calls for one of those days during the service suspension (which starts on May 6th) you may leave disappointed.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

Ypsi wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:03 pm
I hope you don't mind a slow predictable pace of train action, but the answer is 6 or 8.

For Amtrak check whatever day you're going with Amtrak's track a train or tickets. Trains get through Ypsi either 10 mins before arriving in ARB westbound or about 10 minutes after departing EB. M-Th this summer Amtrak is suspending 350 and 353. Amtrak is fully timetabled, and the freight might as well be.

For NS, M-F B25 comes through EB around 2-3am, and WB around 5-6am. Saturday B25 follows 350 and generally comes back west before 355 running during daylight both ways this time of year. No freight Sunday.

There will be nothing between 351 and 355 Monday-Thursday once Amtrak suspends service of 350 and 353. If your plan calls for one of those days during the service suspension (which starts on May 6th) you may leave disappointed.
I plan to go around April, when I get there around 11. what could I expect from your expierence from 11-6

chapmaja
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by chapmaja »

dalek ling wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2024 6:51 pm
Ypsi wrote:

I plan to go around April, when I get there around 11. what could I expect from your expierence from 11-6
1 EB Amtrak

dalek ling
Railroadfan...fan

chapmaja wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:56 pm
dalek ling wrote:
Ypsi wrote:

1 EB Amtrak
Darn, that’s not a lot, good thing I won’t be there that long

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

chapmaja wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:56 pm
dalek ling wrote:
Ypsi wrote:

1 EB Amtrak
Not even that.

Saturday is the best day. All of the Amtraks run and B25 is in daylight.