Biewer Lumber Load NOKL 736170

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Biewer Lumber Load NOKL 736170

Unread post by AARR »

I have noticed frequent shipments of Biewer lumber loads northbound mostly on HESR's 701 (Durand-Bay City) but also one time on LSRC between Flint and Saginaw. I finally could read a car number, it is NOKL 736170. Can someone trace the origin and destination? Thank you.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: Biewer Lumber Load NOKL 736170

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

It hasn't been in MI in 2023. Loads in MS unloaded in RI and IL. Sure you have the correct number?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I double checked it. See the 22:12 mark. Video by Michael Caden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss4hyrVmHgk

There are several of these load coming into the Saginaw area each week as of late
Raildudes dad wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 9:01 pm
It hasn't been in MI in 2023. Loads in MS unloaded in RI and IL. Sure you have the correct number?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GLC@ZLT
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GLC@ZLT »

Biewer sawmill in mcbain is a GLC customer and I often see 5-10 center beams going south to Ann Arbor a week. I’ve got some pictures and the car numbers I have are. NOKL 736017, AOK 27738, NOKL 736128, NOKL 736003, NOKL 736014

Edit after watching the video I also noticed some of the same cars that have gone past me on the GLC. At 23:03 the FMC hopper just went south on 4-5-23 headed to Ann Arbor

Just leads me to believe the origin would be mcbain through GLC but not sure on the destinations
Attachments
CA52D69C-D01B-4A86-B709-D9FB0E32FF53.jpeg
B3801323-BF07-41B1-8CC2-D4473E6C5089.jpeg

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Another Biewer Lumber load northbound in HESR. NOKL 736182. Looks like it's going all the way to Bay City. Video by Michael Caden.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp1-DQC2zvM

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

6/18/23 2 more Biewer loads going north on LSRC. Video by Diana's freighters and trains. Located at 3:15. I can not read the car numbers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLmvRgedAJg

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Two more Biewer Lumber loads going north on HESR. Video by Mark's Station. GRYR 625556 and NOKL 736138. Video mark 8:10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15xCGHQESGA

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Another Biewer lumber load going north on HESR through Saginaw (video by Michael Caden) . It's on the head end right after the engines. NOKL 732531.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajTJpU-sjc

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

AARR wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:29 pm
Another Biewer lumber load going north on HESR through Saginaw (video by Michael Caden) . It's on the head end right after the engines. NOKL 732531.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ajTJpU-sjc
Biewer has been known to receive loads, unload, re-stamp and ship back out. They do this up in McBain. They also bring loads in from their other facilities and distribute locally. Maybe this is happening as well?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

TY for the feedback. It makes sense to me.

It's interesting, though, how many Biewer carloads have been shipped to the Saginaw and north areas considering there are only smaller lumber yards up that way. I'm only aware of one each in Saginaw (Tri-State), Bay City (Sequin) and Gaylord (Tri State) respectively.
LansingRailFan wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:29 pm
Biewer has been known to receive loads, unload, re-stamp and ship back out. They do this up in McBain. They also bring loads in from their other facilities and distribute locally. Maybe this is happening as well?