Former Ford Executive to become CSX's next CEO

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Former Ford Executive to become CSX's next CEO

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Jim Foote will be retiring later this month, with Joseph Hinrichs replacing him.

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... -next-ceo/

Chip
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Former Ford Executive to become CSX's next CEO

Unread post by Chip »

Oh man, that's going to be a disaster
Joe’s great strength is operational excellence

Yeah, ask Chicago Assembly Plant about that "operational excellence"

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

I hope the younger railfans don't hear about this, since the Business Units and Pride in Service units were created by Foote, they'll freak out saying 'they'll be repainted" :roll:

The reason why Unions are threatening to strike and railroads are doing terribly with their finances are because of these people, Higher Ups at railroads that came from Wall Street or completely different industries. They have NO experience with the railroad industry whatsoever. Lets say if Ford employees went on strike, it wouldn't cripple the nations economy and/or cause food shortages, but if railroad crews go on strike, it would cause NOT ONLY the aforementioned consequences, but it would also get the government involved, which also sort of a catch 22 for them because the government would ruin their company's reputation, and they'll lose money. Which is the reason why they are there, only for the money, not for the employees or anyone else.

Let's take Lance Fritz as an example, and COMPLETELY shove aside the steam program and everything cool he's done for the public/railfans. I personally think he's the only person qualified to run a railroad in the United States right now, given his experience with the industry. Union Pacific was not mentioned ONCE during the strike drama. Because Lance knows that his employees are actually valuable and are HUMANS, not like slaves over at BNSF/NS/Wherever else.

In closing, I wish Mr. Hinrichs the best, he's gonna need it!
Last edited by David Collins on Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

david collins long before you came along when i was your age in the 90s, david goode came from caterpillar to lead ns. he was the one that pushed for the conrail breakup. so ceos coming from other forms of industry is nothing new. ns from 1991 to 1999 actually grew traffic and gained much needed revenue and that happened.
Exit stage left

CM44AC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CM44AC »

redside20 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:30 pm
david goode came from caterpillar to lead ns. he was the one that pushed for the conrail breakup. so ceos coming from other forms of industry is nothing new. ns from 1991 to 1999 actually grew traffic and gained much needed revenue and that happened.
David Goode joined N&W after graduating law school and was with N&W/NS for his entire career.

Oscar Munoz, who came to CSX in 2003 from AT&T and was in the beverage industry before that, was to be the planned successor of Michael Ward as CEO, but Munoz took the CEO position at United Airlines instead; then Bill Ackman's CSX takeover plans had a new CEO in mind to replace Ward, none other than EHH.

One has to wonder if Foote ever intended to be CEO long-term as his tenure began unexpectedly due to EHH's sudden passing.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

David Collins wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:51 pm
Let's take Lance Fritz as an example, and COMPLETELY shove aside the steam program and everything cool he's done for the public/railfans. I personally think he's the only person qualified to run a railroad in the United States right now, given his experience with the industry. Union Pacific was not mentioned ONCE during the strike drama. Because Lance knows that his employees are actually valuable and are HUMANS, not like slaves over at BNSF/NS/Wherever else.
You do know there's a couple of railroad owners that post here, right? I don't think their railroads treat their employees like slaves, and the owners are qualified to run the railroad.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

David Collins wrote:

railroads are doing terribly with their finances ,
umm, none of them are.
David Collins wrote:

Union Pacific was not mentioned ONCE during the strike drama. Because Lance knows that his employees are actually valuable and are HUMANS, not like slaves over at BNSF/NS/Wherever else.

I take it you have never talked to an UP employee.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/13/railroa ... icies.html

“The primary resistance comes from Union Pacific and BNSF because of the attendance policies they have adopted which have treated workers so poorly,”

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

David Goode joined N&W after graduating law school and was with N&W/NS for his entire career.

Thank you for letting me know, i didnt know this. I had posted that because i had a friend who had worked for ns from 1995 to 2015 and thats what he had told me.
Exit stage left

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Unread post by David Collins »

~Z~ wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:39 pm
You do know there's a couple of railroad owners that post here, right? I don't think their railroads treat their employees like slaves, and the owners are qualified to run the railroad.
Then why are the railroads striking in the first place?

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

David Collins wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:37 pm
~Z~ wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:39 pm
Then why are the railroads striking in the first place?
They aren't, at least not yet.

PatAzo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PatAzo »

David Collins wrote:
railroads are doing terribly with their finances
In what way are they doing "terribly"? Their margins are better than Apple, UPS, Verizon for example.

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

David Collins wrote:

In closing, I wish Mr. Hinrichs the best, he's gonna need it!
You have no idea what you're talking about do you? UP is one of the WORST among CSX and NS as far as treatment of employees go. Lance Fritz is a pile of garbage and he's definitely on the list of people I hope rot in hell someday.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

bnsfben
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bnsfben »

Today CSX’s new CEO said he doesn’t like the current paint scheme. Will he change it to scarlet and gray?

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... tid=li3ck7

“By the way I’m an Ohio State fan, so the colors on those locomotives is a little bit more like our competition,” he said, a reference to the maize and blue of Big Ten rival Michigan.

“I didn’t say we’re changing them,” he said to laughter. “Don’t quote me on that. I didn’t say that. I am getting used to it, though, but it’s not natural.”

(You know he’s just joking but funny to see how people respond if they think it’s serious...)