New Halifax Trains

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

New Halifax Trains

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

According to this new article, CN now has a second pair of intermodal trains serving Halifax. If I'm understanding the article right, it sounds like they go through Michigan. Here's a couple excerpts in case some can't read the article.

"MONTREAL – Canadian National has added a second pair of intermodal trains linking the Port of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with points in Eastern Canada and the U.S. Midwest. The railway launched trains Q122 and Q123 this month, joining existing trains Q120 and Q121 that serve Atlantic Canada’s busiest containerport."

"From Halifax departure to container availability inland, the trains offer 26-hour service to Montreal; 35 to Toronto; 59 to Detroit; and 56 to Chicago."

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... f-halifax/

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: New Halifax Trains

Unread post by AARR »

Is it a misprint that they get to Chicago 3 hours faster than Detroit?
atrainguy60 wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:55 pm
"From Halifax departure to container availability inland, the trains offer 26-hour service to Montreal; 35 to Toronto; 59 to Detroit; and 56 to Chicago."
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Dan Cluley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Dan Cluley »

AARR wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:50 pm
atrainguy60 wrote:
I would guess that the trains run straight through to Chicago, while Detroit cars get dropped off in Flint and wait for a connection to Detroit. Trains 507/508?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

That makes sense. Thank you.
Dan Cluley wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:43 pm
AARR wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:50 pm
atrainguy60 wrote:
I would guess that the trains run straight through to Chicago, while Detroit cars get dropped off in Flint and wait for a connection to Detroit. Trains 507/508?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

atrainguy60 wrote:
According to this new article, CN now has a second pair of intermodal trains serving Halifax. If I'm understanding the article right, it sounds like they go through Michigan. Here's a couple excerpts in case some can't read the article.

"MONTREAL – Canadian National has added a second pair of intermodal trains linking the Port of Halifax, Nova Scotia, with points in Eastern Canada and the U.S. Midwest. The railway launched trains Q122 and Q123 this month, joining existing trains Q120 and Q121 that serve Atlantic Canada’s busiest containerport."

https://www.trains.com/trn/news-reviews ... f-halifax/
Yes these are Q122/Q123. They are also carrying loaded autoracks east and empty autoracks west.

Loads are out of chicago or points west and the empties are dropped in Flint or Lansing