LSRC to Gaylord and Alpena

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

LSRC to Gaylord and Alpena

Unread post by Ypsi »

Hello everyone, can anyone help me out with the current running days for LSRC up to and from Gaylord and or Alpena. I might be on the northern end of the state next week and would like to catch them up north if possible. Thank you!
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Re: LSRC to Gaylord and Alpena

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

As of November 2020.

Lake State is now quite busy around Grayling, the new "yard" should be all completely ballasted now. 2 Yard Jobs work Grayling. 393 is the day job, 394 is the afternoon job.

The easiest catch is 393 working around "Grayling Yard" switching either Weyerhauser, LC Redi, AJD, Arauco, or Georgia Pacific. Arauco and LC Redi have tolerated photography from their property after asking permission.

Runs to Gaylord are usually on Tuesday and or Thursdays by 394 in the late afternoon / evening.

303/304 run the glory to and from Pinconning overnight.

As of June 2015

325 works around Alpena during the day.

326 leaves Alpena around 5pm, swapping trains with 327 in Tawas around midnight. 327 arrives in Alpena by 7am. 10mph the whole way, very easy to chase.
Last edited by ConrailDetr​oit on Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

There is a new old railroad tie transload in Greenbush that might slow 326 down if they have to work there
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

R Bedell
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by R Bedell »

Thanks for LSRC northern update.

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

I will be driving north on Wednesday potentially hitting Grayling around early afternoon. What might I see? Does Lsrc still base power on the south side of Grayling? Do they mostly spend time working the industries near 4 mile road during the day? Is there any reason to detour into Grayling or Gaylord proper?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Most of the activity is at Graylings recently rebuilt yard. I don't vthink the operation has changed from what is listed above.
GP30M4216 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2023 8:40 am
I will be driving north on Wednesday potentially hitting Grayling around early afternoon. What might I see? Does Lsrc still base power on the south side of Grayling? Do they mostly spend time working the industries near 4 mile road during the day? Is there any reason to detour into Grayling or Gaylord proper?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...