ONE CSX...

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

ONE CSX...

Unread post by Man o' War »

ONE CSX. What's this all about? Sounds like they are giving the boot to the [Box Car] logo, so I'm wondering if this will end up on locomotives like "Conrail Quality" ? And is that golden trellis indeed part of the new CSX brand/logo ? These queries and more - answered soon...

Man o' War

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Re: ONE CSX...

Unread post by ns8401 »

Where did you see this?
Celebrating Over 3800 Posts in HD
This updated Signature Brought To YOU By The One The Only MQT3001!
NS8401, Online, At Trackside And On Your Side

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

ns8401 wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:23 pm
Where did you see this?
It's on the CSX website - a hint of the new logo on the front page near the "select site" article. Click on the company store link where there is talk of a new logo, and the retirement of the "box car" brand. Also, a thread about ONE CSX over at Trainorders - Eastern discussion. It's prompted some fairly entertaining comments thus far...

Man o' War

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

We appreciate your understanding as we transition all items away from the Boxcar logo, to the NEW CSX Logo.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

That railroad will never have everything painted the same... not that anybody does but CSX is especially bad about it.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

ns8401 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:01 am
That railroad will never have everything painted the same... not that anybody does but CSX is especially bad about it.
IMHO BNSF is the worst. Nobody else has scores of predecessor units left running around.

Paint doesn't move freight, but having a decent corporate image is also worthwhile to some degree. As long as CSX sticks with YN3/B things will look the same. It's just the contrast between YN2 and YN3/B that is a bit jarring.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Saturnalia wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:44 am
ns8401 wrote:
IMHO BNSF is the worst. Nobody else has scores of predecessor units left running around.
CN
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

ns8401
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ns8401 »

SD80MAC wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:36 pm
Saturnalia wrote:
ns8401 wrote:
CN
UP at one point too. They’ve cleaned it up a bit. Now you’re gonna have YN2, YN3, YN3b and YN?.. at least they all say CSX now I guess...

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

I wished that they all still said C&O, or Chessie System, and that nobody ever thought about the abortion called CSX.

Man o' War
Railroadfan...fan

ns8401 wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:31 pm
SD80MAC wrote:
Saturnalia wrote:

CN
UP at one point too. They’ve cleaned it up a bit. Now you’re gonna have YN2, YN3, YN3b and YN?.. at least they all say CSX now I guess...
Well, UP and CN have somewhat of an excuse for running around with non-homogeneous fleets as they both, over a relatively short time, acquired several other railroads and inherited vast fleets of various schemes, and it obviously takes a while to solidify the corporate image - for a number of reasons - when you are dealing with thousands of locomotives. On the other hand, BNSF and CSX have modified their schemes on multiple occasions, never allowing them to achieve a singular and lasting brand in recent years. Those who had issues with non-matching consists must have really loved a railroad like the Lehigh Valley. A propensity for painting most every locomotive model in different garb. I never had trouble with it myself, but it drove many insane...

Man o' War

joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by joeyuboats »

Or the late Rock Island. Or the old Minneapolis and St. Louis, who had at least 7 or 8 schemes in the early diesel days. And who numbered locos for date acquired, like D&M used to do. Ahhhh, the good old days!

Jim_c
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Jim_c »

joeyuboats wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:28 pm
I wished that they all still said C&O, or Chessie System, and that nobody ever thought about the abortion called CSX.
Bring back the cat!
Trails to Rails. Put the track back.

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

Huh, I thought that there were multiple CSXs now.

Talk
Keeps Talking

Unread post by Talk »

ns8401 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:
Saturnalia wrote:

CN
I predict YN3c :lol: :roll:

LansingRailFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by LansingRailFan »

Man o' War wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 6:40 pm
ns8401 wrote:
SD80MAC wrote:

CN
Well, UP and CN have somewhat of an excuse for running around with non-homogeneous fleets as they both, over a relatively short time, acquired several other railroads and inherited vast fleets of various schemes, and it obviously takes a while to solidify the corporate image - for a number of reasons - when you are dealing with thousands of locomotives. On the other hand, BNSF and CSX have modified their schemes on multiple occasions, never allowing them to achieve a singular and lasting brand in recent years. Those who had issues with non-matching consists must have really loved a railroad like the Lehigh Valley. A propensity for painting most every locomotive model in different garb. I never had trouble with it myself, but it drove many insane...

Man o' War
GLC has multiple different paint schemes for a relatively young line.

kd_1014
Mike

Unread post by kd_1014 »

Marquette did also until the 3001, 3002, 3003 and 2041 got painted