CSX Z-Train Identification

Locomotive identification, railfan locations, frequency information, etc. can be found here.
SergeantSchultz
Railroadfan...fan

CSX Z-Train Identification

Unread post by SergeantSchultz »

Hi all, first time poster, hope this is the right place to be asking.

Last weekend I was out railfanning in the Raleigh, NC area and caught Z664, which I noticed isn't listed on the wiki. It was an NS loaded grain train, northbound/eastbound by the fairgrounds where the CSX S-Line and NS H-Line run on the same track. I didn't catch whether he turned onto the NS-line or stayed on the H-Line, but I noticed there are a fair number of NS 400-500 series loaded grains to Selma, Goldsboro, or Raleigh listed on the wiki. Anyone happen to know any more about this Z664?

blueheron13
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CSX Z-Train Identification

Unread post by blueheron13 »

I don't know about this train, just that CSX uses Z symbols to identify other companies' trains when they run on CSX-dispatched lines.
Amateur railfan trying to become a real railfan since 2017.

CantBeShook.WeHot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CantBeShook.WeHot »

Z664 lists as an NS Extra Train. Origin Fetner CP in North Carolina, Destination Raleigh NC. Running in this past week was Z66427, which tied up in Raleigh at 2am. Also ran Z66430, ending at Raleigh at 7:30am. Also Z66401 ending at Raleigh at 4pm today.

SergeantSchultz
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SergeantSchultz »

CantBeShook.WeHot wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:16 pm
Z664 lists as an NS Extra Train. Origin Fetner CP in North Carolina, Destination Raleigh NC. Running in this past week was Z66427, which tied up in Raleigh at 2am. Also ran Z66430, ending at Raleigh at 7:30am. Also Z66401 ending at Raleigh at 4pm today.
Thanks for the info!