Sept 2019 Amtrak Sightings

Daily whereabouts of train locations along with sightings for heads ups to other railfans.
twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Sept 2019 Amtrak Sightings

Unread post by twropr »

Are there stil Amfleet cars on the Wolverines?

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Sept Amtrak Sightings

Unread post by PerRock »

The 351 I saw last week on my way into work had an Amfleet cafe, the rest of the train was Horizons.

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Sept Amtrak Sightings

Unread post by AARR »

Departing Pontiac station led by a dirty 61. Lots of empty seats.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Sept 2019 Amtrak Sightings

Unread post by CR900945 »

Anyone know what happened to #355 tonight? It left Royal Oak 3 minutes late but arrived Detroit 3 hours late. It just left Dearborn at 9:37 PM.

twropr
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by twropr »

CR900945 wrote:Anyone know what happened to #355 tonight? It left Royal Oak 3 minutes late but arrived Detroit 3 hours late. It just left Dearborn at 9:37 PM.

Amtrak Twitter said it was freight train interference. I attempted to listen to the radio stream on Broadcastify; however, the broadcaster from that area did not have his archives working so I was not able to get any detail.
Andy

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

NS 121 is what happened......seems like it is leaving North yard later than usual and along with tripling it's train together and blocking the Milwaukee Jct. and Beaubien interlockings in the process, it's doing a bang up job of screwing up Amtrak and CN trains on their journeys thru Detroit

CR900945
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CR900945 »

I have seen NS block things there before right around #355's time, but 3 hours? And apparently holding 354 at Battle Creek for #355? What's up with that? I will see a MARP member on Friday and will ask him if MDOT has ever gotten a straight story from Amtrak about delays considering that Michigan subsidizes the corridors in the state.

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

355's crew out of PNT works to BTL and 354 back.....and with the barely staffed extraboards in the state (that Amtrak maintains at a minimalistic level for their benefit) not available...something like this is bound to happen. As for MARP :roll: , what makes you think they know anything??

amtrak1007
MP 25 Productions Co-Founder

Unread post by amtrak1007 »

Buster Manning wrote:355's crew out of PNT works to BTL and 354 back.....and with the barely staffed extraboards in the state (that Amtrak maintains at a minimalistic level for their benefit) not available...something like this is bound to happen. As for MARP :roll: , what makes you think they know anything??
That's even if PTC will work at PNT... Sometimes I think its any excuse to not run a train... darn the customer! Send them to greyhound... Oh wait, I've been talking to tyrone to darn much.

Manistique
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Manistique »

Train 351 was an hour and a half late out of Pontiac this morning and it was towing a separate trainset, including locomotive on the front of it, with it. Not sure what is up.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

I'm due out on 353 & have been told that there is a service disruption & alternate transportation will be provided. Don't know any more than that.

peter

Edit: apparently there is an engine failure... No replacements at this point.
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

bctrainfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by bctrainfan »

Amtrak MOW crews continue track work at night on the Michigan Line west of Battle Creek. Have a lot of stuff staged out by CP Custer including a cut of rough looking AMTK MOW gons shoved quite a ways up the old Customs Cargo building spur along W River Rd, up to where some trees are growing in the gauge.