Dads collection

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Dads collection

Unread post by esprrfan »

Here are some from a collection of pictures my dad had stored away. I never knew until he gave these to me that they exsisted. Some negatives I need to made into prints like the UP U50Cs at NS's Airline yard in Toledo. A GTW Steamer special to Lang yard ect, ect. Where the photographer is other than dad a note will be in the gallery.

In no special order.

Hill Ave yard in Toledo

Cent of Georgia E7

Never really even heard of this RR

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You have a few treausres there :!:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MSchwiebert
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MSchwiebert »

The DT&I Stuff is always appreciated! Thanks!

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

Man..I love that "Louie" F7. Very little of the MStL exists anymore. UP owns a portion between Merriam and Montgomery, MN. The Louie became part of the CNW in the 1970's(?). The MStL gave the CNW 2 routes going south of the Twin Cities (the other was the CGW's St Paul District). Both routs were largly abandoned after the CNW got the "Spine" from the Rock Island in 1980 between St Paul and Mason City (IA).
Dave C

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

The first photo with Ann Arbor RS1, is that #20 or #21?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

The first photo with Ann Arbor RS1, is that #20 or #21?
I can't see the number :o :shock: Old age is coming on like a freight train over Durand diamonds :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Todd Cline »

I can't see any number either, but it looks like the headlight and bell might be missing, so I'm thinking it might be out of service. However, I see shiny flanges on the car coupled to it, so I could be wrong. OOS in transit maybe?

Railnut
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by Railnut »

After looking at other photo's online..I am gonna guess that it is the AA 20.
Dave C