Older pictures of MMRR 24

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
odave
Railroadfan...fan

Older pictures of MMRR 24

Unread post by odave »

I suppose this can be considered historical. I ran across one of my old college photo albums over the weekend and discovered what are probably my first railfan photos. It's MMRR 24 in Cape Cod & Hyannis paint at St. Louis. They were taken with my old 35mm film camera which had some pretty bad vignetting.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

nice ones dave
Bottom text.

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

Wow odave thanks for posting, i remember the 24 in this paint scheme at paines, but for some reason never had my camera handy when she was out there, still kicking myself, i think they got the 24 in 1988.

pbmaxno15
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by pbmaxno15 »

Cool pics! It is nice to see some pics from my hometown. I wish I had take pictures when I was a kid. It would have been nice to get some shots of the action at the Michigan Chemical/Velsicol plant.

TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

Whoa! I just had a flashback of when I went to my grandparents old house in St Louis. I remember it clearly to this day of seeing it heading west or east in this paint but with the Mid Michigan railroad name on it. odave thanks for posting these, its really good to see pics of locomotives you remember seeing!

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Any idea why they had lumber when they were on the grain elevator track?
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Perhaps they were switching a cut of grain cars and the lumber car happens to be on the head end :?: Just a SWAG :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

odave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by odave »

They were tied down there - I guess they didn't get a chance to switch the truss company on M-46, or something.