C&O Historical Society Archives help

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
The_Duke_of_Ted
Railroadfan...fan

C&O Historical Society Archives help

Unread post by The_Duke_of_Ted »

I've been trying to use the C&O Historical Society Archives to look up old maps and drawings, and while it tells me that a high resolution version is available, I can't seem to get it to show anything other than a very low quality version with a watermark, and there doesn't seem to be much in the way of instructions or help text on the site. Has anyone else dealt with this before? Is there some button or setting that I'm missing or do I need to be a member to see the full pic?

C&O6084
Railroadfan...fan

Re: C&O Historical Society Archives help

Unread post by C&O6084 »

If you want the ho-rez photo, you have to buy it. Sounds mean, but the print quality is far beyond excellent - you won't be disappointed. Been dealing with them for 30 years.

The_Duke_of_Ted
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by The_Duke_of_Ted »

I thought that might be the case. And I'm totally fine with it. They're performing a valuable service for a niche audience and they have to have a little cash coming in just to keep the lights on. Thanks!

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

C&O Historical Society is a gem. They have a first-class publication full of great information for prototype enthusiasts, historians, and model railroaders. I've ordered some prints and digital files from them online in the past and they're worth every penny. Their collection is wonderful.