Steel Rails Vol 3 No 6 Grand Raipds Eastern in 1994

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Steel Rails Vol 3 No 6 Grand Raipds Eastern in 1994

Unread post by Steamlogger »

https://youtu.be/ZJ-Rnq_EImQ
Filmed in the spring of 1994 we see the Grand Rapids Eastern run from Grand Rapids to Ionia Michigan.
On the way a stop is made in Ada to switch Amway. Amway has a small yard behind their buildings that is not viewable from public property.
Once in Ionia the crew runs around their train and spots a couple box cars at American Bumper.
On they way back to Grand Rapids the train crosses the Mid Michigan Railroad diamond in Lowell.

This series of videos was made to promote the Grand Rapids Model Railroad Club in Grand Rapids Michigan starting in 1992

We have about 48 episodes in the Steel Rail Series covering a variety of Railroad subject within a one day drive of Grand Rapids MI. Like and Subscribe to be notified of new uploads

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Steel Rails Vol 3 No 6 Grand Raipds Eastern in 1994

Unread post by EWRice »

Great video! Can't wait for more. A couple observations: did I see box car with MMRR markings on it? Also, after so many years, it amazes me that that unit still has the same horn and, except for one time I saw it in Grand Haven, every engineer seems to blow that horn the same way.

Steamlogger
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steamlogger »

Thanks
The next video in the series features Milwaukee Road 261 on a trip to Chicago Land

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

EWRice wrote:Great video! Can't wait for more. A couple observations: did I see box car with MMRR markings on it? Also, after so many years, it amazes me that that unit still has the same horn and, except for one time I saw it in Grand Haven, every engineer seems to blow that horn the same way.
There were quite a few boxcars and covered hoppers lettered for MMRR. There were also MS gons and GRE boxcars, too. The MMRR boxcars were for appliance service out of Greenville, IIRC.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/