Annies daily freights

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Annies daily freights

Unread post by AARR »

Good point MS. Capacity in 40' cars was indeed 30. 50' cars was around 20 (22 maybe?). 60' cars even less and they even hauled a few 90' auto racks so number of cars was even less.

Another good point you made was pricing. Michigan Interstate (1977-1982) Flagged Out of the national 5% increase which resulted in overhead traffic (predominately paper and potash) shifted their way that otherwise would have gone to Chicago but the Class 1's didn't want to handle it because they too had to bill at the lower rate.
MSchwiebert wrote:30 freight cars was the capacity of the boat that became the Viking when it was built. However, lets say the capacity of 60' cars is 20.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Steve B
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Steve B »

A 1950 Owosso Argus-Press article says one of the newly delivered RS-1's had been put on the Owosso-Cadillac local. I'm sure the locals came and went over the decades as needed.

Donald Heimburger's book "Wabash" has a 1945 WAB/AA manifest freight schedule, and I've copied the AA part here.
AA manifest freights.png

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for posting Steve B
Steve B wrote:A 1950 Owosso Argus-Press article says one of the newly delivered RS-1's had been put on the Owosso-Cadillac local. I'm sure the locals came and went over the decades as needed.

Donald Heimburger's book "Wabash" has a 1945 WAB/AA manifest freight schedule, and I've copied the AA part here.
AA manifest freights.png
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...