Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society Final Public Event- Sunday Dec 12

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society Final Public Event- Sunday Dec 12

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

For those who haven't heard, the Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society is shutting down. The organization's final public event is tomorrow (Sunday December 12, 2021) from 11 am to 3 pm. Event might not be the right word- this is a liquidation sale and all of the administrative items (furniture, chairs, file cabinets, etc.), remaining branded merchandise still in the Society's possession, tools/toolboxes, etc. are being sold. No railroad artifacts or preservation materials are included in the sale.

For more information, see the craigslist ad linked below:

https://porthuron.craigslist.org/gms/d/port-huron-phd-rr-sale/74195968

David Collins
Youtube Railfan Guru

Re: Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society Final Public Event- Sunday Dec 12

Unread post by David Collins »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:44 pm
For those who haven't heard, the Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society is shutting down. The organization's final public event is tomorrow (Sunday December 12, 2021) from 11 am to 3 pm. Event might not be the right word- this is a liquidation sale and all of the administrative items (furniture, chairs, file cabinets, etc.), remaining branded merchandise still in the Society's possession, tools/toolboxes, etc. are being sold. No railroad artifacts or preservation materials are included in the sale.

For more information, see the craigslist ad linked below:

https://porthuron.craigslist.org/gms/d/port-huron-phd-rr-sale/74195968
Is there any reason as to why they’re shutting down?
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

SC: daveeed1k

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: Port Huron & Detroit Railroad Historical Society Final Public Event- Sunday Dec 12

Unread post by DaveO »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37974

Your answer at the above link

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'm sorry to see the organization go. I was on the PH&D Road Rally with Dave and GLR. They did an excellent job covering the entire line.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...