Where to go to watch trains in Detroit

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Ramsey
Railroadfan...fan

Where to go to watch trains in Detroit

Unread post by Ramsey »

Hey railroadfans!
I am planning to go to Detroit tonight, so where should I go to see some stack trains and mixed freight? I appreciate the help :D

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Where to go to watch trains in Detroit

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

The "D" is kinda big, can you narrow it down ( i.e. when / where / time. ) .

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Delray or Romulus seem to be the busiest spots if number of trains is what you're looking for.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Romulus - Good mixture of CSX, NS, and CP action. Great in the morning (especially weekends), but dead in the evening.

Plymouth - Good local operation and certain road trains can be very random (Which can be good or dull on any given day). Best times are 10am-2pm and 4:30pm-9pm on weekdays.

Delray - Best place for train volume and variety, but the neighborhoods around it are rough.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."