whistlles on the water

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
wawatam
Railroadfan...fan

whistlles on the water

Unread post by wawatam »

I was just wondering if any of you railfans / boatnerds are planning to go to St. Clare tomorrow 9-28 to hear the old steam whistles being blown? It's a long haul for me but according to boatnerd.com news the whistle from the Chief Wawatam will be among about 3 dozen whistles to be blown. It's been a long time since I've heard that one so I'm sure it'll be worth the drive. Tim.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: whistlles on the water

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

wawatam wrote:I was just wondering if any of you railfans / boatnerds are planning to go to St. Clare tomorrow 9-28 to hear the old steam whistles being blown? It's a long haul for me but according to boatnerd.com news the whistle from the Chief Wawatam will be among about 3 dozen whistles to be blown. It's been a long time since I've heard that one so I'm sure it'll be worth the drive. Tim.

I'm surprised to hear it's in St. Clair. If I recall correctly, they held one in Port Huron last year or the year before...? St. Clair's probably a better venue for it than PH though.

Hope you have a safe trip.
~ Charles W.