Switch Stand for Sale

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Switch Stand for Sale

Unread post by Mark F »

I was able to obtain a very limited number of switch stands from the company that is scrapping Greenville-Lowell-Ionia. This is a Racor 17C from the Ionia area off the GTW. I plan to sell or auction off a few with part of the proceeds going to the rail-trail conversion. Minimum offer/bid will probably be in the $200-$250 range based on information given to me from someone who has more knowledge in this field. I hope to have one up for silent auction at the Bridgefest in Saranac this Saturday (8/22) if I can find a way to load the beast into my pickup. I'm just posting a preview here to see what kind of interest would be generated by this item. Feel free to post any questions. Thanks!

A No.1
To Portland

Re: Switch Stand for Sale

Unread post by A No.1 »

I've got 2 of these and Im thinking the $200.00 range was about what I paid. I saw the POHL corp. in Pennsylvania selling to actual rail customers for more than that. You got any Harp style Switch Stands?
Mark it Zero.

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

I sent you a PM.
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

I have a few switch stands that I'd be interested in selling.
I have 5 Racor 17C switch stands of Grand Trunk Western RR heritage from the Ionia area.
I also have a pair of Pettibone Mulliken (not sure of the model number) switch stands of C&O RR heritage from the Belding / Greenville area.
The Racor stands are in very good condition except for one that is fair. The Pettibone Mulliken stands are in fair condition and could use some restoration work.
I'm asking $200 for the Raycor stands and $125 for the Pettibone stands (as well as the Racor in fair condition). I'm not desperate to sell them (but I am getting sick of mowing around them) so I'm firm on the price unless you are interested in more than one. Then we could probably work out a deal.
I can e-mail pictures of all of the stands if you want to see them.
Drop me a note if you are interested. I'm located in the Lowell / Saranac area

Pettibone MullikenImage

Racor 17CImage

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

On Railroad forums.com, a guy is offering one for $100. He was originally asking $150 but had no offers.
Norm

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

Still have a few of these left. Makes a great Christmas gift to yourself. :D

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

I still have a few of these left. Makes a great Christmas gift to yourself. :D (bump)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

These things are a tough sell my friend. Big, heavy. I wish you the best of luck. If you can't find a buyer keep the rest for yourself or whatever you get in scrap you can donate to the trail committee.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Mark, what do you have left? I know a museum outfit always looking for spare parts :)

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I still love the one I bought from you a few years back! :D
Mark it Zero.