Other hobbies...

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Other hobbies...

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Anyone here like old Coleman camping gear? Lanterns, stoves, etc.?

Just asking..

Todd

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Other hobbies...

Unread post by Garry K »

I've switched to using LED lanterns. Tremendously long battery life these days. They aren't as bright as white gas lanterns, but I don't like to light up everything at night when camping.

I would be interested in any Coleman 3-burner stoves you may have, if they use white gas. (Don't like propane stoves. They may be convenient, but they won't boil water if it is below freezing (yes, I go winter camping).)

Garry K

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Other hobbies...

Unread post by Garry K »

In case you didn't have any old Coleman stuff for sale, but are just wanting to repair some old stuff, check out http://www.oldcolemanparts.com/home.php. It's a great site with illustrated repair tips, plus they sell parts.

I personally have an old Coleman 2-burner white gas stove I bought used in 1977. I've used it a lot, and all I've had to do since then is to replace the pump assembly and the pressure cap a couple of times. It helps if you can store the stoves so that spiders can't build webs in the manifold! But if you do get spider webs inside the manifold, take off the tops of the burner assemblies and blow some compressed air through to clean it out, then reassemble.

Garry K