CN Yooper Action 3/21/21

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

CN Yooper Action 3/21/21

Unread post by Ypsi »

On Sunday the 21st I was road tripping back down through the UP, and lucked out with some solid CN action. First stop was in Ispheming where a pair of CN SD60s assigned to L539 and L540 were getting serviced.

ImageSunday Servicing by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

After getting a quick shot of the SD60's we continued on through Marquette where the LS&I still had most of the ore cars stored for the winter. Advancing south through Minising Michigan were just outside of town we found the L541 heading west in perfect early afternoon light. They are doing their slow trip west at 10mph as they take 4 cars into Munising. Note the GP40-2 on this local is a former DT&I unit.

ImageYooper Local by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

This was my first catch of the Munising Local, and ticks of a line that I have wanted to catch for a long time. Some additional finds over the weekend were the Calumet and Hecla snow plow which is at the Copper Town USA Museum in Calumet.

ImageCalumet and Hecla Russell Snow Plow by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr

And a little bonus, for those interested, the Northern Lights were decently active this weekend which was a bucket list thing for me to see.

ImageNorthern Lights, Houghton County by Michigan Central Lines, on Flickr
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: CN Yooper Action 3/21/21

Unread post by AARR »

Nice catching 6425!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

KVERBERK
Railroadfan...fan

Re: CN Yooper Action 3/21/21

Unread post by KVERBERK »

Hey nice report! You were right up in my neck of the woods. I drive by that plow in Calumet all the time.
Up North TSBY/GLC Fan