GLC on the Plymouth sub at Howell

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

GLC on the Plymouth sub at Howell

Unread post by Ypsi »

Today I was able to catch the GLC doing interchange with CSX at Howell. The plan was to run down to Howell, swap cars, and then return north. My goal was to shoot Anne Pere then the searchlights at Dearborn street. I arrived as they were getting to the north side of town. Not knowing the area I scouted out Anne Pere and lined up. They would grab a handful of dirt cars for CSX out of the short siding at Anne Pere and then shove onto the CSX Main. First image is just the bottom two units SB.

D97A4974-22EC-429B-ACD7-540101121E45.jpeg

After shooting them SB there I headed to Dearborn street where I would get a couple shots of them making moves onto the siding. First they shoved all they past The Howell siding signal.

B0859D5D-A05B-426D-A244-C57681D1A24D.jpeg

Then they pulled east to sand which the power between the drop off and the pick up.

75938ADD-FA10-43FF-BC73-1DF1BDE32A4A.jpeg

I would head into town for the rest of my “date” with my girlfriend as I was able to partner the trip to Howell with a stop for shakes at M-Street Bakery. After I left glc shoved through the siding, dropped their cars for CSX, then shoved their pick up east. They ran back west clear the connector then shoved onto the glc main. When we left town they were about ready to head north as I viewed them form I-96. The drop was about 60 cars and the pickup was supposed to be about 50-60 cars. When the video goes onto YT I’ll remember to post it here.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: GLC on the Plymouth sub at Howell

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting Ypsi. Looking forward to the video.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...