Rare day on the Ann Arbor

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Rare day on the Ann Arbor

Unread post by Ypsi »

Yesterday was a very rare day on the Ann Arbor Railroad. All morning Facebook was tracking a unit potash train with CP power running up to GLC. I chased that train form Milan to Ann Arbor then headed home. At 6pm word was another unit train was headed up with a pair of CSX units for power. So on the same day, I caught 2 daylight runs of the Ann Arbor with foreign power on both. My shot of the CP is at Judd road, and my shot of the CSX is at pittsfield junction.
Attachments
9D9487EC-6655-44A0-8F93-F0B6D5A34D08.jpeg
70F1E2F7-64BA-4FF5-859C-2BADA6430A74.jpeg
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Rare day on the Ann Arbor

Unread post by AARR »

It must be exciting to catch two unit trains on the same day! The CP potash train probably is going to Sargents in Zilwaukee. I think the CSX empty grain train is going to Oakley if what I read earlier on another post is correct.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Ypsi wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:09 am
Yesterday was a very rare day on the Ann Arbor Railroad. All morning Facebook was tracking a unit potash train with CP power running up to GLC. I chased that train form Milan to Ann Arbor then headed home. At 6pm word was another unit train was headed up with a pair of CSX units for power. So on the same day, I caught 2 daylight runs of the Ann Arbor with foreign power on both. My shot of the CP is at Judd road, and my shot of the CSX is at pittsfield junction.
Great catches! Do you know if the CP engines stayed with the train when the GLC took it north like the CSX's, or if AA brought them back south after dropping off the rest of the train at Osmer?

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

The CP power stayed on the Ann Arbor and the CSX power went north. The CP power was used for the regular SB interchange freight that evening.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Ypsi wrote:
Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:04 pm
The CP power stayed on the Ann Arbor and the CSX power went north. The CP power was used for the regular SB interchange freight that evening.
Ahh ok. Thanks!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

From the other board. I wish I could post there. Alex seems like a decent kid.
Posted by Alex on 8/25/2020, 7:04 am
I caught a NB extra thru Flushing last night, about 8:00. This looked like all covered hoppers.

There were about 75 in total.

What would this be? Fertilizer / potash for Sergents or grain...or something else?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

arty flowers
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by arty flowers »

Sargeant Docks seems to be going gangbusters lately with all that agri and bulk traffic and it seems like the extra traffic benefits the AA and GLC along with the HESR. Its really neat to see the ports of saginaw and bay city with the rail to vessel traffic and vice versa.

Ypsi

Unread post by Ypsi »

Here are the respective Youtube videos for the tow trains

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks Ypsi. Those fertilizer and grain trains are bringing out some of the most modern engines on AA/GLC.
Ypsi wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:16 pm
Here are the respective Youtube videos for the tow trains