Some CN Action around Durand 2/23/20

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Some CN Action around Durand 2/23/20

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

I just had to get out and enjoy the "heat wave" today. Ended up getting 5 trains with about 3 1/2 hours. I went into Durand and immediately found an eastbound coming to a stop at Byron Road east of town. Figuring a westbound was on the way, I pulled over and waited. It only took about 5 minutes until the headlights popped up in the distance. Turned out this one was a westbound oil detour:

After it passed, signals still indicated another westbound was on the way. After about 15 minutes, it (reported on FB as A491) passed through:

It was now time for the eastbound to depart, so I went over to Reid Road by Duffield to catch it:

At this point, I had already seen an update on FB that an eastbound A492 was on the way with an IC blue devil leading, so I headed west to intercept it somewhere. Met up with it in Bancroft:

After this, I went back to East Durand and waited there, figuring 514 would be on it's way soon. Sure enough, it's headlights eventually appeared. I decided to switch up the scenery though, and headed out to Gaines to nab it:

Overall, a very nice day railfanning!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Some CN Action around Durand 2/23/20

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting atrain. You had a very nice day :D .
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: Some CN Action around Durand 2/23/20

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

AARR wrote:Thanks for posting atrain. You had a very nice day :D .
No problem! It was a really fun day. It had been quite a while since I took an afternoon to go rail fanning. Mostly just nabbing one or two trains thanks to heads ups.