ELS FP7A 600 returns to freight service in 2020!!!!

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
Mackinac Mac
Railroadfan...fan

ELS FP7A 600 returns to freight service in 2020!!!!

Unread post by Mackinac Mac »

Built in January of 1951 as number 96A, Escanaba & Lake Superior acquired this former Milwaukee Road FP7A in 2005.

In May of 2012 while pulling storage cars off the Wells-Channing line, the 600 derailed and went into the dirt and while picking it up with a crane, the car body was damaged and it had since then been in storage in Wells.

ELS 600 has now been repaired and returned to service in 2020 making it perhaps one of the most delightful diesels pulling freight in North America. Here are some.of the first shots of it in action:

Oh..... did I mention that she is working on ex Milwaukee Road home rails in beautiful northern Michigan and Wisconsin?

Passing the ex Milwaukee Road depot in Iron Mountain this Wednesday afternoon.

Arriving at the North end of Pembine, WI Wednesday

Working the Republic / Champion line at Channing, MI

Southbound at Channing, MI

Tying down for the night at the ex Milwaukee Road depot in Channing, MI Thursday evening.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: ELS FP7A 600 returns to freight service in 2020!!!!

Unread post by AARR »

Thanks for posting Mac :D
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Unread post by Ypsi »

For a railroad that’s always touted as anti railfan, they have been doing some pretty cool “railfan like” things the last number of years :lol:
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

If I owned a railroad and criminals broke into my building and vandalized my cherished equipment I would install policies to protect my investments (like limit access onto my property) and I'm sure there would be some railfans who would label me as anti-railfan.
Ypsi wrote:For a railroad that’s always touted as anti railfan, they have been doing some pretty cool “railfan like” things the last number of years :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Unread post by DaveO »

AARR wrote:If I owned a railroad and criminals broke into my building and vandalized my cherished equipment I would install policies to protect my investments (like limit access onto my property) and I'm sure there would be some railfans who would label me as anti-railfan.
Ypsi wrote:For a railroad that’s always touted as anti railfan, they have been doing some pretty cool “railfan like” things the last number of years :lol:
And if you watch a certain video or two from the person that made a video of the FP7A, you will see an incident that person had with the railroad.
It doesn't matter who ended up being wrong or right, that kind of thing didn't help the railfan community.