Marquette County Happenings, End of October 2019

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Marquette County Happenings, End of October 2019

Unread post by CAT345C »

With the end of October only a day away, here are the latest of my wanderings around Central Marquette County.
Ive nailed down a pretty decent understanding of how the CN is running between Gladstone and Ishpeming.
Here were see the L549 running north in the cloudy lackluster October sky at Sands on the 10/21/2019.
ImageL549 at Sands by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

After dropping their cars at Patridge they returned home Light Power.
ImagePower Hop by Mike Tabone, on Flickr
ImageL549 at Sands by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

On the 23rd they were due to meet the L540 job that runs out to L'Anse so I knew they would have a decent sized train and they did, at over 80 cars. Here they are south again between Sands and Cascade.
ImageUntitled by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

The following day on the 24th they were back to a small train and spotted south at Gentian.
ImageL549 at Gentian by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

The 25th I managed to snag L540 coming down on the LS&I to meet the Gladstone job at Partridge with about 60 cars. Shown at Rolling Mill Road.
ImageL540 at Palmer Line Jct by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

After they exchanged trains with L549, I wandered back south to my new favorite hill and caught the L549 with another decent train. The empty gons are the old Nickel Cars that the Mineral range was using. Right now they are in the process of updating the fleet and transferring the cover to brand new gons that were purchased or leased by the Eagle Mine.
ImageL549 by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

Today 10/30 I happened upon L549 on accident coming down by Sands.
ImageL549 by Mike Tabone, on Flickr
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Marquette County Happenings, End of October 2019

Unread post by AARR »

Enjoyable report, CAT. Thanks for posting.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...