Marquette County Happenings week of October 13th

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Marquette County Happenings week of October 13th

Unread post by CAT345C »

Been a while since I have posted a whole lot of anything.. Here are a few shots of the CN running around the Marquette Range this week.

On the 15th I was out checking the woods and progress on the new pipeline and caught L549 headed north to Partridge to meet L539. Here they are Northbound at Goose Lake Inlet with a decent sized train.
ImageL549 heading to Partridge by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

I waited for their return trip hoping the lake would stay calm but I was quickly foiled by the rain. Here they are coming back with one of the SD60s leading that has just about lived on Gladstone jobs the last 3 months.
ImageL549 at Goose Lake by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

After they passed I wasnt able to get out ahead of them until I reach Rock about halfway between Partridge siding and Escanaba. A lot less color down in rock compared to the Marquette Area.
ImageL549 near Rock by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

10/17/2019
Today I ventured out again and manged to catch the Mineral Range in Ishpeming and Humbolt. Here they are pulling up to the M95 crossing in Humbolt with over 40 empty gondolas for the Humbolt Mill.
ImageMineral Range by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

While the MR was switching the mill at Humbolt I went further west to the Huron Mountains to catch the L539 L'Anse job headed back to Ishpeming. After a short wait and an adventure down a two track I was rewarded with a pair of SD70M-2s leading about 20 empty gons, coal cars and wood chip hoppers that are used to haul scrap railroad ties.
Just north of US41/M28 overpass.
ImageApproaching Nestoria by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

Again leaning into the curve at Three Lakes
ImageLeaning into Three Lakes by Mike Tabone, on Flickr

And one last time along the Spur River near Michigamme
ImageReflections by Mike Tabone, on Flickr
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Marquette County Happenings week of October 13th

Unread post by AARR »

Thank you for posting CAT. I like all the locals you documented.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

DaveO
Read more, think more, post less

Re: Marquette County Happenings week of October 13th

Unread post by DaveO »

Nice colors. I like how the train cars are blocked for the pick-ups and set outs.