February 2019 in GR

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

February 2019 in GR

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Going to try to do one of these for each month this year, we'll see how that goes! Nothing to special this month, though we did have some pretty wild weather. As always, click on the photo's title for a higher resolution image.

ImageSunset Q329 by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
The air temperature is a balmy 7 degrees as Q329 rolls into Grand Rapids just before sunset behind a single ES44AH.

ImageIce Storm Aftermath by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
CW44AH #549 rolls into Grand Rapids, negotiating the small S-curve just east of the end of the double track at Seymour. The trees are coated in a thick layer of ice from the previous night's ice storm.

ImageIcy 106 by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
Everything is coated in a thick layer of ice as CSX local Y106 heads east from Grand Rapids to work some industries behind a single BNSF Gevo.

ImageLone Gevo by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
On a bitterly cold and snowy day, a single ES44AH does battle with the hill at Fox. The long, heavy train was enough to make the GE work up a sweat!

ImagePeaker Pick Up by Jonathon Leese, on Flickr
CSX train Q329 rolls into Grand Rapids with a BNSF ES44DC leading Illinois Central SD70 #1038. The SD70 was picked up by local D708 the day before from Peaker Services in Brighton, and after having received some much-needed engine work. CN has been cycling their SD70s and SD70Is through Peaker and other outside contractors for a little over a year at this point.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: February 2019 in GR

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Fox shot is awesome - thanks for taking the time to post w/ comments
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Thanks for sharing. I like the trains in the snow.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I feel the same as Saturn! Great photo's and commentary.
Saturnalia wrote:Fox shot is awesome - thanks for taking the time to post w/ comments
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...