A trip to the North Pole

Give us a run down of what you saw, post pictures if you'd like...any info is welcome.
CERY
Railroadfan...fan

A trip to the North Pole

Unread post by CERY »

The conductor of 2663 climbs aboard as 1225 pulls her train into SRI's platform.

1225 departs SRI as 2663 waits to follow her up to the North Pole!

1225 crawls through her own plume of steam coming off the north end of the wye in Owossow.

1225 and her train tear up the miles and scream through corn fields south of Oakley.

Just north of the last photo 1225 prepares to cross Chipman road.

In Oakley the crossing is flagged for GMTX 2663.

At the North Pole 1225 and GMTX 2663 slow in preparation for arrival at Santa's Village.

GMTX 2663 creeps across the road at Cheasning.
Semi-retired railroader

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Re: A trip to the North Pole

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Nice pictures.

Is there a reason 2663's crew flagged the crossing in Oakley when the flashers (in the photo) seemed to be working?

I don't see GLC392 in your pictures...I thought he was going to be working the trips this year...?
~ Charles W.

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

The guy flagging the crossing did so for 1225 and a lot of people were running the crossing so I guess he decided it was necessary to flag it for the diesel too.

I think I saw Steven when my Dad and I first got to Owossow but didn't see him after that.
Semi-retired railroader

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

the guy flaging the crossing is a freaking retard thats why hes still there..... any who i thought i saw you tyler i was wondering around until the train left then went to breakfest and then crashed in the basement of SRI till the train got back, nice shots tyler.

CERY
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by CERY »

So that explains why he didn't start flagging 1225's train until it was half way across the street.
Semi-retired railroader

HFoamer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by HFoamer »

Can I guess who the flagger is? can I?!?! Can I?!?!?!

We used to flag a couple of the rural crossings in the early years of NPE (henderson, etc) due to worries that locals were not used to trains coming through regularly in the winter. I do not believe we do it anymore, but there is always this one guy that feels the need to flag every single crossing....

Can I name him? Can I?

HFoamer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by HFoamer »

BTW, did I mention he is a retard?